Why is it that every trucker I meet smokes?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by anses, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA

Well they say if you remember the 60's and 70's you weren't there.
    Tom Selleck wasn't a Marlboro man,he did however hock cigs.
    Personally I hate tobacco products of all kinds, quit smoking long ago.

[​IMG]

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    I don't think so lol.
    It just enhances the stink, it becomes a stink that radiates and fumes like a toxic waste dump and projects itself way ahead of the individual bearing said stink
    It also leaves the bearer of the stink rendered unable to smell the stink so they don't even know that they stink although many may not care if they stink or not which of course they do to the 10th degree.

mje Thanks this.
  4. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    I'm so glad to hear that Lilbit..May I suggest all the $$ you save you put to my retirement fund??:biggrin_255: "Seriously" though I of course am wondering now that you "quit"....What is it you do after Romper Room time with Nik??:biggrin_2556:

:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

mje and Lilbit Thank this.
  5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    To use the old line that truckers use to avoid telling others what they're hauling . . . "I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya"!!!!!:biggrin_25522::biggrin_25522::biggrin_25522:

mje Thanks this.
  6. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    You know though..As many times I have had that comment directed my way...It would be my pleasure to have this done by you..:biggrin_255:Provided I can smoke of course....:biggrin_2559:

Lilbit, mje and truckon Thank this.
  7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Of course you can smoke!:biggrin_25525:

Bumpy, mje and truckon Thank this.
  8. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Riddle me this: If someone peed or pooped on the floor of a truck, you'd say that's gross. Yet smokers think nothing of polluting a rig with their smoke and leave it there in the air, the fabric and as a yellow film on everything. Think about it.

Soda in mouth, pee out. Subway sandwich in mouth, poop out. Cigarette in mouth, smoke out.

No difference in my book. Gross.

mje Thanks this.
  9. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Smoking is still legal, where as relieving one's self any place other than a bathroom isn't. There is a huge difference. You choose not to smoke, that's your choice, but don't rag on those that do.

Bumpy, volvodriver01 and mje Thank this.
  10. Nabbu

Nabbu Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Dallas, Texas
    I personally cannot stand the smoke itself, the smell isn't bad, it makes me cough and breathe uncomfortably.
    I'm going solo mainly for this reason since, as you pointed out, it seems like every trucker is smoking now.
    I don't dislike smokers, except the one who gets 30 minute breaks w/pay in 9-5 jobs, but I really can't stand the smoke for nothing honestly.

Lilbit and mje Thank this.
  11. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Hardcore smoker for 25 years. Finally decided to "quit" six months ago. My holy gods did that ever suck! Bugging the neighbors to let my buy a smoke off them at least three times a week....losing my temper over little BS things...stress piling up....

Made the move to E-cigs and can't be happier. I use Cig2O rechargeables, with a Blu in reserve for when I fail to charge the battery. They're not to everyone's taste, but the balance between cost, convenience, and taste hits me just right. Been using the E-Cigs for two weeks now exclusively and haven't had a craving for a natural cigarette yet.

Plus, I love pissing people off in stores when I wander down the aisle just puffing away. My Cig20 has a somewhat natural-looking light on the end, makes it look similar to a natural cigarette when you puff. Other E-Cigs use different colored lights to separate them from natural (like Blu using a blue light, or someone else using a green light)....

mje and Lilbit Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.