Why is Prime still hauling to the customer who beat the hell out of an innocent driver?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Davezilla, Feb 15, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The truckstop battery is a form of touch A hostile one to be sure. If the Door man is really mean and intends to hurt you or someone auch tuchin ggganst himo s a fromram I could haul out the citing of what makes a Assault different than a aggra assult different Each run through reinforces success the first time and now os the tims

I can build the spider web from there but Ive already gottn by sun exposure for the day

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Yep. The dude got the ### whippin he had coming.
    We've all been there. All the guy had to do was take his hands out of his pockets, tell the guard that he was going to leave, close his hood, tell his wife to ####, and back out. Instead, he opted to call the US Marshalls and got his arse handed to him and got convicted of disorderly conduct or some such.

4. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    The first thing is the guy wasn’t even thru the gates on the legal property.
    so technically he had not entered the property yet.
    In one of my private business I have trucks coming and entering my private property for business purposes.
    Is it your standing that if I felt inclined I have the right to block a drivers exit because I don’t like his hands in his pockets and didn’t remove them to my satisfaction?
    Is it also your standing that if when I blocked the driver he brushed passed me I have the right to take him to the ground because I am my own security on my property?
    What should have happened is security should have said “because you won’t comply with our demands you must exit the gate area immediately”and that should have been the end of the story.
    They should not have in any way blocked his exit.
    All the sheeple had better wake up real soon as they watch their god given rights striped away before their very eyes as the weak minded spectators stand by and rubber stamp there actions.
    No one has a right to block the exit of any citizen who has not committed or is suspected of having committed a crime.
    There is actually a federal statute against this: 25 CFR 11.403
    Unlawful restraint.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Yeah, and there again, there's common sense and good manners. Neither of which seemed to apply here.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Except he was on private property. Sure he wasn't in rhe gated part, but he was well off the road. I.e. private property.

As for the restraint, he was lying about stating he wanted to leave.
    I already gave reasons why.

7. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I refuse to haul ANY loads for Prime.

8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    The shipper had all the chance in the world to refuse him when he wasn't following their requests during his security check. When they started acting like he was required to be there and hell or high water were completing that check, they screwed up.

Hulld Thanks this.
  9. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    How do you know he was lying about wanting to leave?
    He was certainly headed back towards his truck when the contact occurred not toward the gate.
    And you didn’t answer my question about weather you think it is my right to do the same thing if the same scenario occurred on my business property?

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I don't "know", and I doubt even the people involved remember 100%. That said....

The truck’s hood was still open.
    His wife didn't move.
    One of the news reports stated the guard testified the driver never said he was leaving.

Even if the guard was the one lying, if the driver said he was leaving why did he not close the hood first, or for that matter why did the wife not move to leave?

As for your question, I see it as irrelevant in this discussion. I simply don't believe he was blocked from leaving.

11. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    The guard left the driver no opportunity to secure the vehicle in anyway because it was the guard who came to the driver and blocked him.
    At the end of the day what did the security force gain by taking the driver and his wife to the ground vs. letting the both of them get in the truck and exit the property?
    I am sure you would agree the answer to that question is nothing.
    Incidentally your statement of relevance and refusal to answer my question is your answer to my question.
    We both know it would be wrong for me to do what they did.
    Although I respect your position on this I still believe it to be fundamentally wrong.
    As these type actions become more and more accepted as ok by the masses our rights are slowly being stripped away.
    Just a short 10 or 15 years ago nothing like what we saw happen on that video would have been acceptable in any way but now it’s becoming the new normal.
    It is our responsibility being here and now to preserve the rights and laws this country was founded on.
    If we don’t keep intact these basic liberties and rights we no longer have a viable nation for our children, grandchildren and future generations.

just_sayin, Trucker61016 and p608 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.