Why is there such selective enforcement?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by trucknguy, May 6, 2024.

1. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    For the 3rd time in as many months I was hit by a truck operated by a Mexican National. Yesterdays truck was plated in Mexico. None of these operators spoke English and therefore did not understand basic questions. This was illegal years ago, did the law change? Or is this like the border and it’s ignored?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    I'll bet they understood you just fine and just acted that way.

seen it with Spanish speakers and with the French Canadians, when I ran up there in the 80's and 90's

tscottme and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Depends on the company's authority, i believe. Some can do long haul in the US and some can get a 'zone' authority which are the ones just dropping at the transfer warehouses in places like Laredo.

TransMex, for example, is Swift's Mexican long haul company. I saw them in Iowa frequently for some reason.

5. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Oh, if you meant the language barrier, it's absolutely ignored lol. Especially if they're an international driver. Very subjective on what's considered knowing enough English and way too frequent of a thing to ever be cracked down on. Too far too gone, just like 1099 misclassification, double brokering, etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.