Why is trucking so stressful?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    You'd hate dispatchers in my neck of the woods. Almost every company hires immigrants that jibber jabber incomprehensible rapid pigeon English. And they constantly phone you. ARGH!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    Ok, so to recap what I learned from this thread...
    Keep all communication with your company on the qc, for recording purposes
    keep a journal of every communication and event that happens.
    call the shippers/receivers for appt times, off duty info, address and directions.
    don't take #### from dispatchers when you know you're right.
    don't drive an unsafe truck or in an unsafe condition, period.
    keep candy on hand for "brownie points"
    turn phone and qc off for your 10 and reset
    trip plan carefully and thoroughly so you can be sure you can make the appt times, and let them know when you can't, before you take the load.
    It ain't "stress", it's a "good story"

What'd I miss?

4. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Once you have 1-2 years experience, you can work for companies that send you loads, and leave you alone. It will be amazing, it will be enjoyable, you will prob drive for 20+ years at such a place, you will not have to use any of the dispatch tactics listed above.

Going through the hell of a bad company (Think of it like boot camp in the military), will make you an amazing driver at a good company; seen it myself many many times.

Not all companies are the same, unless they're mega carriers. Once companies get that big, they rely on computers, software and "management talent" to squeeze every last drop out of drivers; while paying them as little as possible. (IE Bison, Challenger, Arnold Brothers, CNTL, Lightspeed, H&R, CPX, People Express, NATT, Day and Ross, TransX, CanXpress, QuickX, ScotLynn, Loblaws Fleet, Walmart Fleet, CP Fleet, Syndicate, Rig Logistics, Searcy, Swift, Prime, Knight Transportation any company associated with TransForce.)

MBAngel and Canadianhauler21 Thank this.
  5. VantaiTatted

VantaiTatted Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Maryland
    Trucking can be laid back, it just depends on the company you work for. I am sorry you are having issues with your current company. I'll pray that things get better for you.

Canadianhauler21 and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.