Why not doing your own repairs will make you go bankrupt.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by kay_ray, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I agree theres arguments to both sides theres no 1 size fit's all by any means
    I happen to be one of the ones that enjoy working on trucks just as much if not more than driving one .. but thats me
    Me personal I would rather lay under a truck at 2 am putting a u joint or drive shaft or even a clutch in. VS laying in bed thinking about the economics of a truck payment or if the shop fixed my truck correctly.. but thats just me it has to do with the environment I was raised in and taught to me when I choose to do what I do for a living
    I don't condem anybody that would rather buy a truck for the satisfaction of a warranty
    BTW @bzinger .. you know its coming because I treat you like a rented mule. But 30k ??? thats alot of Budwiser .. I now understand why you charge the office help like you do for your shows ...I'am glad it's pay'n off for buddy .. and kudo's too ya

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    If you would of listened to me along time ago and switched to Hamm's and parked that Budwiser wagon you would be as spry as I 'am ..lol

4. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    If you belly up because you're paying a good mechanic, you're doing something wrong.

Finding a good mechanic is the hard part. I'd rather pay to have my work done (given it's done right), and make my free time my own.

And I wouldn't mind paying 150$ an hour if i'm getting my moneys worth. Bad thing is, I don't want the 50$ an hour guys.

If they're 50$ an hour, it's usually because their knowledge ain't worth 150$ an hour.

FYI, so far I'm still doing all my own work.

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    #### shame but we don't do the Miller distributer in des moines or Creston anymore, they were 2 of my favorites even with the bounce to omaha after getting empty.

6. haycarter

haycarter Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Australia
    They must be on by the Hour.....LOL

From the Time I put My overalls on, to the Time I take them Off.. would average out about 20 minutes I reckon...

7. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    BTW.. I fertilized your yard for ya last week I had a bit of a time getting backed in your driveway .. but I got backed in enough to wash out through my back door your water bill migh be alittle high this month too
    Just say'n

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    That's good to know ! Thought I smelled cash when I got home today.
    I shoveled out alot of Merritt cattle pots as a kid which explains your taste in beer .

9. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    I know you did thats why I figured you'd understand ..I left a 20.00 in the fridge in the man cave.. I was tried sore & thrusty when I go done .. but your beer was cold & wet.. that was good enough for me

10. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    You forgot the comma between tired and sore, but you nailed the delivery.......

Punctuation.....

It's important

11. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.