Why not just contact the company directly and by-pass the load boards?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by mwehrle, Feb 28, 2018.

1. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    You've got it figured out.

I took it easy when the kids were little so I could be home. Now that they've all grown up I'm hard at it again. Got a plan though. The last one graduates from Oklahoma State next summer. Take about a year after that to pay off the house, then another year for some home improvements. Maybe another year for unexpected BS.

Then I can start thinking about cutting back a little.

gokiddogo, spyder7723 and Ruthless Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    And yes I tried to see about opening my business inside one of these tax sheltered accounts and draw $0 as salary and have the company pay all the profit at the corporate rate - about 15%, then withdraw it as tax free money..... accountant quickly learned me that would not be legal. Also would be caught if another person put their company under my account and my company under theirs.

It isn't easy to get around paying the high income tax here. But to be fair, the social benefits are pretty good. And never a worry if I have a heart attack or otherwise large medical expense it will spell financial ruin. None of that. Now how the gov spends all this money rebuilding the countries we just bombed while the same time telling our military their wages and benefits are being cut and they are asking too much? I take issue with that big time and a host of other issues. However that is a separate discussion. Life here is pretty good.

spyder7723 and Ruthless Thank this.
  4. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
    Because 90% of them are too lazy to get up and do the work

Ruthless Thanks this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Worse than rebuilding countries we just bombed is handing out hundreds of billions to those that wont work.

PoleCrusher and gokiddogo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.