Why oh why are you drivers taking this cheap freight????

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by codyschmidt, Nov 26, 2012.

1. afterburn25

afterburn25 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I am with you I dont haul cheap freight i sit my truck till i find a good rate the reason this companies stay in business is quite simple. they dont most of them go out of business problem is everyone wants to have there own authority for every 1 that goes out of business 2 more step in there place taking the same crappy loads that's whats hurting us and doesn't allow us to absorb there business. the big carriers stay in busines cause they only make like 4% profit but with 3000-6000 trucks on the road and the huge bulk fuel discounts and there own mechanics on staff they get it keeps them in business and allows them to haul the cheap freight

BAYOU and rockyroad74 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rockyroad74

rockyroad74 Heavy Load Member

Park it!!

I've been parked since 1/23/13. Should have parked it Dec. 15.

I'll go out for 2 weeks again mid-Febuary. If it's still crap paying and slow volume which leaves me sitting all the time. I'll park it again and put out apps with local fuel hauling companies.

The morons running for nothing, will eventually run out of cash/credit and get flattened. That's how I bought my truck with cash, from a guy who wasn't disciplined and liked running home every week for fuel money. He was desperate to sell.

I have no problem parking my debt free business and either going camping/fishing/biking/snorkeling, or going to work for a small company, driving their truck.

4. 2insane

2insane Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2009
    USA
    Remember people look at some of these trucks on the road. They look like they have been recycled 3 times. Half falling apart. They for sure dont have a payment. And these people are happy making 300.00 a week. Yes freight has seriously fell. But look at the load boards. I have major carriers cold calling me for trucks to run freight. I tell them sorry. You dumb ##### bid on cheap freight you cannot handle. I will not run no 1.00 freight for anyone period . I am not in the business to help them make money. When I goto a crap area, I will deadhead 300 miles for a good load. Darn at 9 MPG empty at 300 miles I spend 120.00 but in return make alot more. But with Ahmed and Alfredo running these loads, it wont change.

As for a broker saying I move these at that price all the time, tell him, then why are you calling me now, duh. Make a price and stick with it. you should not haul for less that 1.50 if you own the truck and less than 1.75 if your still paying the bank. You wont be able to save up for a major repair. Stop doing it.

btw, Ahmed and Alfredo can't read or speak English so I really guess this message wont help.

MNdriver and volvodriver01 Thank this.
  5. DrivingForceBehindYou

DrivingForceBehindYou Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    ChicagolandOfOpportunity
    Considered there will be more Hispanics than Whites or African Americans as soon as the upcoming decade you might consider reaching out to Alfredo

6. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Importation of cheap labor. Genius.

7. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    considering ahmad and alfredo can speak more than one language, whereas your typical gringo excels in ONLY one language, i would bet ahmed and alfredo have one up on most others

why is it that being bilingual is considered an asset all over the world except with folks like you?

8. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    because americans are a wantonous, arrogant conceited bunch....

dannythetrucker Thanks this.
  9. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    So what you are saying is that someone hauling 1.40 per mile with a paid rig that is in excellent shape is not a good business model?

10. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Because, well it is his way of doing things and that will come back to bite him some day.

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Nope. Doesn't allow you to save up enough to buy that new rig that you're going to need in 4 years. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.