Why should I go to prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by firemedic2816, May 2, 2018.

1. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    BTW Gunner75, not sure if we have ever talked before but THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR GREAT NATION, HATS OFF TO YOU

born&raisedintheusa and Gunner75 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Thank you sir

4. Cheezy_smile

Cheezy_smile Medium Load Member

May 23, 2017
    I am an O/O , been at it for 9 years. Yeah Castellini is always looking for drivers , but I heard there is no real schedule. They call you whenever they have something for you. Lots of LTL companies around. Dayton freight is decent place to work, SAIA is looking for drivers too , but haven’t heard much good about them. Just make sure you pick a company you can stick with for a year. Most of big companies suck. Try Titan I see them a lot around Cincy and on 75. They bought out first compay I drove for , not sure if they kept their terminal ( exit 9 I-75)

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  5. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Glad you at least said "no personal experience".

So you "heard" stay far away...?

Is this any basis to steer him away, just because you "heard"? Facts, my man....facts.

I've also "heard" #### has gone to hell & and a handbasket over at Schneider, before & after the kids cashed in on that IPO. Least with #### "Choice". Used to be a great thing. But, company side still may still be fine with all the shenanigans they have pulled, creating the impetus for everyone running away in such #'s. Can't blame them for keeping all the $ in house & screwing everyone else, right...?
    Had to make the books look good before IPO offering & now have to keep board & shareholders happy, right?

Then again, I haven't just "heard". I know a lot of these guys PERSONALLY. Speak to which you actually KNOW, not what you "hear".....

Sorry. My apologies & not meaning to jump all over you. Been off here for month or two, after 4yrs of completely uninterupted activity. I come back & see this, and had to put in my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth. It's all good, bud..

No skin in the game at all on this. Have never, ever taken referral $. And, I'm leaving in next month or two.

Can tell you this, my 5 years working for Prime have been life changing. For 4 of those years, I have had many opportunities to do far, far better, monetarily wise.

That's on me & my own personal reasons. But, that should speak volumes of my experience & the way I was treated there. Wouldn't have stayed here as long as I have if it was so freakin' bad.

As far as megas, I still think they are quite possibly the best. Long as you do not get short straw as far as instructor/trainer. Could there be a better alternative, based on situation....absolutely.

Training period is much longer than most. I completely agree w/it & actually think it should be longer.

OP seems to be doing his research & actually putting the time in to examine his options....... which there will be many.

Let's not muddle it all up with crap like "I heard" now, eh......?

6. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    @firemedic2816,

Nice to see you back in the mix, bud. AND that you are doing due deligence on decision.

Lots of choices out here, especially in current market conditions which will continue for some time.

Take your time, examine your options that will fit YOUR circumstance the best.

Best of luck to you.

:biggrin_25525:

redoctober83 and firemedic2816 Thank this.
  7. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Hey FMJ Thank you Brother...Really Leaning towards Titan, if nothing else they have a terminal Pretty close to the house. I have been in contact with the recruiters and everything I have read and heard, I'm impressed. Not to mention they have KWs and 70 MPH trucks

8. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Sounds like a plan.......

Glad to see you're finally close to getting what you want.

Here's hoping to the best of starts for you on your new life. :thumbup::biggrin_25525:

firemedic2816 and IluvCATS Thank this.
  9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I find when I drive in Ca. The speed limit is 55. The driving is less stressful. Just kick back and relax. Most everybody does 60. Including the Prime trucks.
    I think much of Prime. In your area. You also have the option of going to Tanker with them.
    I came extremely close to going to work for Prime. In many ways, I think I might have been better off with Prime.
    This is a person whom my job isn't working out like promised. Still making a grand a week on part time work. Sitting around two to three days a week. Driving at night isn't required. One run a week for the most part. Still... Could very well be better off at Prime.

Tumbleweed183 and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    If you need convincing, then go someplace else. Watkins and Shepard drivers seem happy with it.

11. firemedic2816

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    I've decided on Titan Transfer Thank You everyone

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.