Why so many long haul jobs in BC

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by GermanTom, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Runawayscreaming

Runawayscreaming Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Amiskwaciy Waskahikan
    It's because Vancouver is truck driver scam central. Many of those jobs posted at the job bank are not real. They are fake postings required (by law) to fabricate an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) to support an application by the trucking company advertising the fake job to bring Temporary Foreign Worker truck drivers to British Columbia. Many of those are completely inexperienced "truck drivers" from Punjab, with fake qualifications, some of whom will go on to obtain drivers licenses via fake truck driving schools in Alberta (BC shut down most of the fake Punjabi driving schools a few years ago but Alberta is the wild west). So scammed "truck drivers" from Punjab work as indentured slaves for shady trucking company owners who acquired the slaves through the TFW program and the Family Class immigration program (also a scammy scam). Trucking company owners use the underpaid Punjabi truck drivers to cut freight rates (and therefore all Canadian truck drivers wages) in a never-ending race to the bottom. So if you think you can the avoid the effects of the infiltration of Polish and Czech truck driver wages into Deutschland, you can forget about that. The situation is worse in British Columbia, because there are fewer legislative barriers to bad working conditions and low wages for truck drivers.

Besides flushing yourself down the toilet of BC trucking, Vancouver is the second most un-affordable city in the world. It is a bitter irony that BC also has some of the worst truck driver pay in Canada.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    At least the "hole in the floor" is less common today than it was 10-15 years ago.

4. hutrucker

hutrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2020
    So as a 50 year old truckdriver from Hungary who'd like to have a driving job in Canada , basically i have no chance ? I have all licences ( obliviously european ) and i speak English., is it possible , at all ?

5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    You want to make sure you flesh* it all out before coming over, but if you read other threads (like ones @BigHossCummins has responded to), it doesn't look great.

*There have been a few European drivers who have come over for temporary driving jobs, but they were much more attractive than you (I'm sure you're a handsome guy, but... ;)).

P.S. I wasn't stalking her, but I can't say more without violating the restraining order.

:biggrin_2559:

BigHossVolvo and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. hutrucker

hutrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Thanx not4hire.... what 's "flesh it all out ".... to make sure i have all my papers, licences ? ...and i thought i know all slang.... :)

7. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    He means investigate a prospective employer. You can simply ask us here if your interested in applying somewhere specific and we can help you out. In short, if they are in Surrey bc, or Brampton ONT, be extremely careful.

8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Exactly,

The only(Legal) way to become a driver in Canada now, is to be sponsored by a company, that has LIMA, TFW or Labour Market Option approvals from the Federal Government. You cannot come to Canada, take your own class 1 training and try to get a job. Most of the companies in British Columbia and Ontario, are using the "Student Visa" scam, which is illegal.

@hutrucker The only company 2 companies I know of, that I would consider safe to work for, that are brining in experienced foreign drivers, are Bison Transport Drive In Canada | Bison Driving and Agri-Fresh Truck Driver Jobs | Agri-Fresh

In the past I recommended TransX and CPX Versacold, they are no longer an option or recommended.

Good luck.

9. hutrucker

hutrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2020

10. hutrucker

hutrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2020
    Thank you for taking the time helping me out. I really appreciate it. I'm still in Europe currently working in Austria. I'm planning to go over maybe around november , altough i think it would be probably better in next may as i would have more time to get used to the canadian roads when the winter comes. However , I can see already that you gentlemen have a great community here as you have great knowledge and you ready to help out ...With the help of the good Lord i might just going to be one of you . Thank you Sir , once again ! God bless Y'all...

11. hutrucker

hutrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2020

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.