Why the Dislike of Denny's?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by bowlwinkle, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I'm sorry, but that just plain sounds SICK to me! There are some things that just don't belong together. . .

But I think I found out today why Denny's prices have gone up. I just got my AARP renewed card and see where us old farts get a 20% discount by showing the card! Wow, I'm so impressed. Most senior discounts are only 10%!

OTOH, a 20% discount for poor service and less than desirable food still leaves a lot to be desired.:biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dave26027

dave26027 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    I was Flying J's best customer until the company died. Didn't buy a single gallon of fuel anywhere else for several years. This morning I woke up in Peculiar, Mo. Tried to buy a cup of coffee with my "Frequent Fueler MASTERCARD". The clueless lady behind the counter insisted I didn't have any drinks left on my card and she WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND that it is a DEBIT CARD with a Mastercard logo on it. I explained that the old Flying J owned their own bank, she said NU-UH! After 5 minutes I gave up and paid cash (was saving it for the Oklahoma toll road).

As for Denny's, the food's too rich, price is too high, and no one that has electronic monitoring has time for a meal in a restaurant with slow service.
    And the last thing I want is a Denny's cashier telling me "This card doesn't have enough points on it to pay for your meal!"

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    The 326 Pilot is much better. If you ever seen a Arby's Roast Beef roast before it was cooked, I guarantee you would never eat one again.

5. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L

I've seen it before it's cooked...So what? It's ugly but after it's cooked it's good.
    There are a lot of foods that we all eat every day that are not pretty before they are cooked.

6. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    If you hold an Arby's roast beef sandwich sideways it looks oddly familiar to something you see in a certain type of video genre...

7. flatbedder

flatbedder Medium Load Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Illinois
    Learned this morning that Dennys no longer gives frequent fueler members a ten percent discount, but they still give aarp members 20 percent off. Hey Dennys, your in a truckstop, how bout you take care of your customers:biggrin_25513:. Just another place i will no longer spend my money at

8. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    I have that card too, you have to tell them it is a corperate card. I use mine all the time. No problems.

9. OJTTrucker

OJTTrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Granny Lane
    But, you can get Baked Potato Soup? Just how does that work? Recycled potato's from Wendys?:biggrin_25524:

10. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    No buffets after the Country Market restuarants were taken out of Flying J's. I like buffets.

So, I will now eat at Denny's only if I have to ... otherwise it's off to the Golden Corral or the Old Country Buffet or Ryan's.

Oh, yes ... just like jagerbomber3.0 said, I miss the salad bar option.

11. walstib

walstib Darkstar

I love Denny's as every meal comes with free diarrhea!!!!!

Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.