Why was my thread deleted?

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Rockin&Rollin, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Rockin&Rollin

Rockin&Rollin Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Orlando Florida
    Wondering why the thread I started about the new Wal-Mart WAVE concept truck in the Trucker News section was deleted and then another member started one (titled: Introducing the Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience concept truck) a few days later on the same subject that's still there?

Before I posted the story I did a search for "Wal-Mart WAVE" and nothing came up so I posted the story and the thread got a lot of hits none of which were offensive or against the terms of service here yet it was deleted without a trace and then another member starts a thread on the same subject several days after I posted the story and that thread is still there.

Its this letting me know I'm not welcome here and should stop posting anything or something? I've always been a good citizen as far as I know and this is confusing with the double-standard so I thought I would ask and see what's up?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    You're reading to much into this R&R.....the other day I found a bunch of threads on that truck and went through and merged several of them together. I thought I left links to where any moved posts went but I may have screwed that up and didn't leave a link when yours was moved.. So it was nothing personal and it's not that you're not welcome here.

4. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That's kinda standard procedure for duplicates, unless they get to be enormous. By then they're too big to merge.

But I found several of those threads myself. It was just a matter of trying to keep the clutter down. Nothin' personal.:)

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.