Why would a private dispatcher list himself for fuel advance?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by areelius, Sep 3, 2013.

1. FourCircles

FourCircles Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Remember at the end of the day it is your business on the line. So just ask him what happened and make clear what you want to happen in the future. Then I'd follow up with an email stating the same thing. In business, always have things in writing. That is one thing I've learned the hard way over the years. If he is not willing to cooperate with your needs, then move on. Hopefully it is just something simple and not a scam. Good luck

areelius Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Working double shifts can run you down and meth can get expensive. Sometimes you might need access to disposable income! :)

4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I would be looking at past dealings with this private DISPATCHER just on the chance he did it before and it was not noticed .

areelius Thanks this.
  5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Just another reason to stay away from private dispatchers.

jess-juju Thanks this.
  6. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I would ask your dispatcher. He is the only one who can answer your question. I see no good reason why a dispatcher should put themselves in that situation.

7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Problems a broke has or had with another driver are just that, problems with another driver. This is not milk and cookies time and the broker is not Poly Purebread.....
    hands off the cash amigo or find you another truck.

JMO

8. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Do any brokers advance fuel money before the truck is loaded and they have a copy of the BOL in hand? None that I know of. Kinda hard to run off with advanced cash when you've got a load on your truck.

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

You seem to have missed the fact that a dispatcher ( sits at a DESK ) had asked to be on the list for ADVANCES , not a driver , not the truck owner.

areelius Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.