wife about to pull hair out

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by wifeytotruckdriver, Dec 1, 2009.

1. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    Wifey,Once he gets 6 months experience have him check with Maverick there in LR. They will get him home on the week-end 90% if not more of the time and they guarantee to have you home on Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is flatbed work which is dirty and physically demanding at times Not for the Lazy. Hope this helps.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Absolutely right...the little things like the cell phone to call when you just need to hear that special voice on the other end...nothing important to say or ask, just to hear that voice. Now that I think about it...maybe, nope, absolutely...that voice ain't no little thing...

Especially when you forgot to turn off the headlights on your car/pickup when you went to get your BIG TRUCK at 3am, and mama came to get the vehicle and found the dead battery...there is where you wish you still had a phone card and had to wait for the truck stop day after tomorrow...hopefully she had calmed down a bit when you call!!!!:biggrin_25521:

GuysLady Thanks this.
  4. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Or like when Mama goes to pick up the Nissan from the yard 'cause you're gonna be gone for 2 weeks... pulls out of the yard and the Nissan RUNS OUT OF GAS!!??!!?? (Not a good thing for hubby's ears, to say the least!)

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!

I'm sure somebody siphoned off the gas. He wouldn't really do that to you, WOULD HE???:biggrin_25523::biggrin_25525:

6. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I'm not sure... but it was REALLY EMBARASSING to have to go back to the shop and ask the BossMan for a gas can, and a ride to the gas station...

7. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95

Great advice. Pretty sure I speak for a lot of men when I say we do not always convey our feelings very well. Taking things for granted cost me the whole getting married to your high school sweetie thing when I was an OTR driver. I guess in hindsight I can see where she was coming from now.

The only thing I would say to the wives and girlfriends is to understand how much is on their drivers plate. That is not an excuse, just an explanation for why you might feel left out at times. We would rather be there with you it just does not work out that way a lot of the time. I think most of us try harder than you might think - it just does not always look that way.

otherhalftw and GuysLady Thank this.
  8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Here's my advise. File for the divorce, on Monday.

Your husband certainly sounds like he is trying ignore you, and his family/child.

But that shouldn't matter. He should be able to get a $25 an hour job, driving local at ANY decent trucking company. There's such a HUGE shortage of drivers and all.

Maybe he can get one of those jobs living under a few bridges. Like many of these other professional bridge campers I've seen as of late. If you're lucky, he'll let you come along and help with that job too.

Do you even realize how childish/selfish you sound??? 1 out of 5 Americans that want a job, can not find a job. Yet your husband has one, and YOU don't like it.

35,000 men and women will kiss their spouse goodbye next spring, as they deploy to Afghanistan for a full tour of duty...no Christmas, no birthdays, no valentines day...no turkey day.

But BG your husband is going to be home...or he's going to be gone for good.

To prevent further problems with my blood pressure, I'll submit you to the ignore list.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
    doubledragon5 and jtrnr1951 Thank this.
  9. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    No sarcasm, dripping or blow dry, in that post....say when you get some time, can you tell us how you really feel without holding back?:biggrin_2558::biggrin_25524:

10. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Getttt your Dr. Phil right here folks..........

11. He Makes Me Laugh

He Makes Me Laugh Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    The best thing is to focus on your baby and find some groups of moms that are stay at home moms and get together sometimes. Find something to keep your mind busy and not focused on him. Being married to a trucker I have learned you have to let it go because otherwise it will drive you crazy. My husband has been driving for a year and I still do not like it and want him out but I know he is doing it for us and not because he likes it.

He hates truck stops and sleeping in his truck . With jobs being so scarce right now alot of husbands are looking into trucking . My husband has a college degree in Safety Management with Enviromental Management and could not get a job in Oklahoma within his degree or close so he went to truck driving school.

Considering your husband is on a dedicated you are extremely lucky and he should stay with it. Getting screwed by the companies and losing loads is expected. In fact I expect it weekly with my husband and when something actually works out correctly or in his favor I am shocked.

Try to reduce your stress be getting together with other young moms, do crafts or learn some, anything to keep your mind off your husband all the time. It is ok to miss them but you got to keep it together for your baby and baby's feel stressful situations and it is not good for you or baby.

Your baby needs you right now and running off to be on the road with your husband is not probably the best idea. Right now I realize you are stressed but you have your parents their to give you maybe a break here and there with baby but leaving the baby for 30 days and going on the truck is not fair to the baby . The baby already has 1 parent gone and if you left it would be sad.

Mine comes home every 2 weeks so your are lucky.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.