Wiley Sanders

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Spyder77, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Spyder77

Spyder77 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2013
    South Central Alabama
    I only went back 5 pages but I didn't seen him mentioned. I spent 8 years driving a Wiley wagon in his bulk division. I had a good dispatcher I got along and worked well with and I had no complaints. When I needed or wanted time off he did his best to get me in.

When your dispatched, you walk on the yard and the trucks loaded and ready. A pre-trip (nobody's perfect) and check you axle weight with scale provided right there on the yard and secure your load and off you go. The back hauls were usually close by if not at same dock you unloaded. You arrive back at terminal. Parked your truck and turned in your papers.

You reported to the log book building for a audit every week or maybe once a month, This was determined on how many errors you made filling them out.

The money was in the bank weekly, some good and some not so but you know how that goes.
    Take note that it's been 8 years since I was there and things may have changed but I can't see it being that drastic. Good luck
    Spyder said that, Over and Out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mrE

mrE Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2009
    somewhere down south
    spyder as noted it's been 8 yrs since you were there. but it is far from that now I have been affiliated with that company off and on since 1993 it is nothing like that anymore

4. Spyder77

Spyder77 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2013
    South Central Alabama
    Tell me more. I've lately considered going back over there. This outfit I'm with now, Bulk Material and Transport, isn't working out. Outlaw truckling went away a long time ago and all the drivers are quiting. It won't be long before DOT puts this outfit in Jail or worse! I really don't want to be there when the #### hits the fan.

5. honestjarvis

honestjarvis Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Spyder77 if you really want to come back, call. I have read threw all of these posts and most of it is a bunch of BS posted by people who really have no idea or they had problems while they were here and are trying to make the company look bad. I have been here for 20 years and have seen our turnover rate drop about 60% over that time. If we were that bad, I believe the turnover rate would be up there around or over the national average.

Spyder77 Thanks this.
  6. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Does Wiley Sanders haul a lot of their own products, and are they not mostly drop and hook?

7. Spyder77

Spyder77 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2013
    South Central Alabama
    That was the case when I was there bamamac. I liked it and am getting closer to making that call. I made it in August and was told I needed to call back after the end of Oct due to a high speed award 2 years ago. A couple of other company's told me the same. I found one that I really wanted to go for (Montgomery Transport out of Birmingham) but they told me I had to wait another year. It's given me time to investigate and Wiley so far seems the best bet.
    Honestjarvis, do I know you? Do you work in safety or recruiting? LOL just checking.

8. Computertrucker

Computertrucker Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    I used to run Wiley on their southeast van division. Left them back in 07 to become an owner operator. They were a decent company back then. I don't see nearly as many of their trucks around these days.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.