Will anyone employ me? Reckless in 2017 nothing since.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jterry1556, Oct 6, 2022.

1. jterry1556

jterry1556 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Hello,

I know this question has been asked a million times and I’ve done my research, it is still somewhat unclear to me.

I am looking to start a job in trucking as I see great promise and an amazing future filled with innovation. Self driving technology is going to change trucking and logistics in many ways for the better in the future and it is still years away. This is why I’m looking to get in ASAP.

I was convicted of reckless operation in Ohio in May 2017. I have had 0 driving infractions since and hadn’t had any before other than maybe a speeding ticket. It wasn’t fair but I decided to plead guilty not knowing what it would do to me. I did not have to go to “drivers intervention” and only received a fine.

I am actually such a careful driver many of my friends and family make fun of me for it. I have never been in a car accident in my life and I am 32 years old.

I was also a supervisor for the largest 3PL cold storage logistics company in the world for years, and I’ve loaded literally 5000+ refrigerated trailers. I have also worked for numerous companies on the logistics team, loading and receiving. I can operate any forklift or reach truck in operation today.

Going out to break the seals and talk to drivers, I always envied them. I got to see literally every different type of truck and trailer and always wanted to drive. I just wasn’t in a place personally to make it happen.

I would absolutely love to drive for any company who specializes in refrigerated and who would hire me with a five+ year old reckless. I am not a reckless driver. I would be willing to do the long haul routes and do not need any home time for the next few years.

Would any company hire me and allow me into their training program? Maybe even CR England or Knight? I want to drive solo and don’t care where I go. Or if not, would I have to go the route of trying to get my own truck and trailer? It is my understanding MVR goes back 3 years in most states and 5 in a few. I want to get into this business even though everyone is saying I’m crazy due to the state of the industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    What happened that caused the "reckless driving" charge?

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    That's over 5 years ago. I think there are many companies that will hire you. @Chinatown will be along and he can help.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This industry will be around long enough for you to retire.
    That 5 yr. old reckless driving is good for a few companies. Some want 7 or 10 years and some want only 2 years.
    You're in Ohio, right?

6. jterry1556

Oct 6, 2022
    No injury or damage to anything done to get the reckless. The charge in Ohio is broad. I have not even had a parking ticket since, and will have no problem passing the physical and do not take any medications, I do not have any health problems of any kind, and have a lot of experience in logistics in general. I would be able and actually willing/wanting to be away for long periods of time.

7. jterry1556

Oct 6, 2022
    Yes I am in southern Ohio near Cincinnati.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Refrigerated trucking is my kind of trucking. Did it for 18 years and liked it and made a good living.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  10. jterry1556

Oct 6, 2022
    Thank you! I have loaded countless Dutch Maid loads. I will reach out to them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.