Will my driving history affect my ability to get a job

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Senior_Lorenzo, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Senior_Lorenzo

Senior_Lorenzo Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Hello. I've posted on here before about my ability to get a cdl job. Currently i'm going to school for computer science and am interested in going over the road while I attend. I'm concerned though of weather or not my driving history will affect my ability to get a job. Currently I have a fatal accident this accident is not my fault however searching my driving history just says fatal accident. I also have a failure to obey stop sign, though I doubt that this would matter but I didn't actually run the stop sign the officer simply believed I did and I made the mistake of hiring an attorney to fight the case and this attorney won't evil tell me what happened. I'm not sure if you could see this on my record but my license was temporarily suspended though this wasn't through any fault of my own. The dmv wanted some paperwork and they gave me a very short deadline I had trouble finding a doctor to fill out the paperwork but as soon as I did they lifted the suspension. So with all that in my driving history will this make it difficult for me to get a driving job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You probably need to attend a private cdl school, then submit lots of applications.
    Did you apply to the WIOA Program.
    Do you live in Manhattan?

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    you will not be hirable according to many insurance companies and their underwriters.

nredfor88 and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Go to DMV and get a ten year printout of your driving record. All I hear you saying is I might have this and I might have that. No one can give you that good of a answer with the current information you provided.
    The good news is you might not have a bad record, ya just don't know at this point.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Senior_Lorenzo

Dec 7, 2020
    The stop sign and fatal accident are reported on the my current driving record the only think i'm not sure of is the suspension.

7. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    and none of all that was your fault.

sounds like everybody is out to get you, you sure you want to drive a truck and put up with federal regs??

they'll be out to get you too!!

88228822 and Savor the Flavor Thank this.
  8. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Do you plan on continuing toward a computer science degree? Don’t underestimate the amount of time a OTR job will take from your week. At the start and probably for a long time it will be drive, eat, sleep, then repeat daily. Honestly I think it’s one or the other, OTR or degree.

9. Senior_Lorenzo

Dec 7, 2020
    won't know if I try it i've heard others say that you can do it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.