Will TA/Petro ever open their restaurants back up?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Wespipes, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I think like 10% of them are open. Even the states that are 100% open for business theyre still closed. Its pretty crappy when you are forced into one of these truck stops and you have zero options for a hot meal. TA might be losing my business for good. Is loves and pilots doing the same thing?

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    when this all started, was the time for you to be prepared to cook your own. either by nuclear reactor, or camping stove.

until then, it's a gamble as to when ALL businesses fully open, all across the country.

alds and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  4. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Figure on November 4th...

5. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I don’t care if they ever open up again..

Their shutting down finally gave me the motivation to install an inverter. Got me a microwave and a Kurig coffee maker...life is good on the road now.

Lumper Humper, alds, x#1 and 9 others Thank this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Do they have any left that are worth eating at?

Rubber eggs, unbrowned hash browns, microwaved fish, turkey meat from Subway for a turkey reuben....

7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    This might be the death knell for TA Petro with the good food gone and their greed .
    The dining area at the Fremont ind location opened a couple weeks ago but the food options were slim and the quality was disgusting.

alds Thanks this.
  8. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    The TA east of Cheyenne Wy even took out their microwaves.

alds and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I think they are going to lease out the space, like they have done at Columbus East on I-70. Look for more fast food. But the did buy the bankrupt restaurant chain known as Quaker Steak and Lube with the idea of putting them in. Don't know about the wisdom of serving alcohol to a bunch of truck drivers though.

10. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Even established chains like darden ...think longhorn and Cheddar's etcetc had to open with limited menus....each store is like opening from scratch with lots of new employees , but add the extra stress of having supply issues and new regulations.

If you have to do all that it is best to pick the strongest stores first and a good time to rethink what or how you open the weaker locations . I left out the added risk that you go through all that and we have a massive spike of covid cases and they have to shut down again.
    I think taking thier time is unfortunately the smarter move .

TokyoJoe and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    The Petro in Carlisle had sign saying the restaurant is closed till further notice. Some employees at fuel island said Petro was losing $18,000 a month on the restaurant. They were no going to open it up till more driver come thru or something. Drivers will just get used to it being closed like and no reason to stop. So they drivers won't stop and TA/Petro is wait for more drivers to stop by. They probably never open up.

alds, Ffx95, bzinger and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.