Will TA/Petro ever open their restaurants back up?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Wespipes, Jun 5, 2020.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Come on man, it's just going to be more of the same, Subway, McDonald's, Popeyes, Hardee's, Wendy's, and an occasional IHOP or Steak N Shake. As if you can't find those places in every town in America already.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Yes but honestly that's an improvement over the mismanagement and inconsistency of the country pride brand ....it's dated old tired and overpriced

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Petro kingman AZ is open for dine in, just no salad bar. Also the T/A in kingman is open the black bear diner

5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    There are plenty of drivers who buy beer in the store and then carry it outside and drink it while sitting in theit trucks. Serving alcohol in the restaurant would give drivers a way to consume alcohol legally and in compliance with company policies, in addition to giving us a wider variety of alcohol to choose from.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    If you go into Kansas, you can get a hot meal there. I sat down and ate in Flying J in Salina some weeks back. I'm parked here again, and I plan to hit it up later....life is good lol. You can sit down and eat in Missouri too, I can't remember about the Iron Skillets and Country Prides, but i stopped in Pilot in Boonville, MO, the dining area was opened at 50 percent

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    One thing about the TA brands, there’s usually not a cluster at the fuel island. I can get right in/out. Seems like the food situation varies By location. Bloomington Illinois has nothing but garbage...chips, pop, little Debbies. Other locations I’ve been able to find my salads.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I have not seen any TA/Petro restaurants open yet in PA OH MI IN Illinois or TN AL. They are advertising on satellite radio about how they have cold soda a snacks for the professional drives I think they are have a sale on candy bars or it national candy bar month. Petro does or did last time I stopped still had porkchops and stuff at the fuel island deli. LOVE'S had a couple IHOP restaurants and the closed them and completely. Replaces one with fast food Taco John's.

9. Sether

Sether Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Ingersoll ON
    The restaurant at the TA in Wapakoneta is open, although I think that one is separate from most of the TA setups.

Brandt Thanks this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Food is a lot better too.

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. Wildey

Wildey Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2015
    NC
    Candler, NC and last month when I was through there they had take out service.

Was reading somewhere, and now I can't find it, a memo on how T/A was planning on shuttering most of their restaurants and making them into those oasis type locations, they may or may not even have fast food.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.