Willing to share Business Plan for starting trucking company?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by michaelHH, Jul 14, 2022.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Not so fast!
    He said he was a driver, not a landscaper trying to change his career by buying the truck first.
    Therefore, I assume he knows what it takes to make a living driving a truck - life on the road.

1. He needs more money to start on his own, not with his friend.
    $30K is the minimum reserve for someone who already bought the truck with cash.

2. Get a better understanding of terminology :
    who the broker is and how they work, what a carrier authority is, what auto liability and cargo insurance are, and how much they cost.

3. Finally, and that's what I dislike most about his post, he needs to realize that asking someone for a business plan is not the right way to start a business or any business for that matter. Besides, it is not only naive but also arrogant.
    A business plan is an idea, conceived in someone's mind, and only when executed with passion and devotion, might turn into success. A composer first has an idea and "thinks" about a symphony piece but he is the only one who knows how to transfer the idea as notes on the staff before it comes into creation to become a masterpiece.

I could see myself living in South Florida and going out on a weekly or biweekly trip. On the 1st day, if nothing can be found to load, I'd deadhead to Pooler, GA, or even as far as Tennesee and start off there. Inbound freight to Florida is everywhere and pays all right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.