Winter Storm Avery, Storm Number One. Cranking up...

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by x1Heavy, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Yeah I was pretty much ground zero for all of that. Took 3.5 hours to go what normally takes 90 minutes. Since I'm actually delivering to a Walmart, I have an excuse to stay here. But they shut down the road for a few hours and I think they're letting trucks stay tonight. I'm in the coal region of PA and I have to be down by Dulles in the morning.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Full of potholes, construction and 4 wheelers.

But seriously, this storm came from the south, so after the moisture passes there should be a warming trend. Watch for ice in the morning and flooding in the afternoon.

88228822 Thanks this.
  4. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    My Massachusetts friends say this storm dumped snow in em and it ain't done yet. Their schools are on a 2hr delay tomorrow, which is....rare.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What do YOU think.

US 224 to I-69 East side then south side to Terre Haute IN.

It will be a alternative, a slower one that will add about two hours to your trip. More if the interstates are closed.

88228822 Thanks this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    You'll be fine.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    What part of the PA coal region? I live in Tamaqua.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Interstate Anonymous.

Drivers with anxiety issues over the mighty rivers of our Interstate sytems under the Father of our Interstate System designed to reduce a 9 month military move to the west coast to a 70 hour road trip.

We are working too hard. Winter should be a time of hibernation by the woodstove and enjoying the harvest of our previous years labor.

9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    The bridge was bad, and that construction leading to it. Especially that plate temporary bridge:eek:

They need to finish that crap before we get much more bad weather.

Only had a couple in the ditch around Hanson. Stayed good in Tennessee so I stayed here today:D

tucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    They run a T1 Class 4-8-4 on the Blue Mountain and Reading up your way for the anthracite coal. I am not current on the particulars of that specific railroad as there are a number of others utilizing the children laughter and honest work by people without technology to grow good things to eat down in Strasburg Way.

If there is any kind of coal I miss, it's the blue oil treated variety which burns pretty good. I might still be able to order a bag of it UPS once they get their silly little strike spat fit sorted. It's always the entitled overfed kittys that howl and growl and hiss now and then.

11. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    They have and are working on that T1 (#2102) in the hopes of running it again, perhaps next year. For now they have another steam engine they bring out on occasion (a 4-6-2) #425. Nice little engine that has been running for 10 years now.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.