Women Training with Women at Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by fair and square, Jun 13, 2012.

1. fair and square

fair and square Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Hi,
    I am trying to get the attention of anyone interested in training me at Maverick. I will be processed next month, so there is some time to search for someone to line me up. I am not interested in home time per say. I will/do shower at least every other day, lol. What I mean is, I'm not a really girly girl, and I'm not afraid to get dirty, smell bad for a few hours, sweat, go without shaving everyday etc. I love hard work. I'm a good listener and a fast learner on the road. I'm not excessively talkative. I do need a trainer who will be very direct and specific with me and be willing to answer my questions ( there will be many ). I am inquisitive and smart. Glass is my first choice. I live in Richmond, VA, but I'll train with someone from a different area if it's allowed. Like I said, home time is not a big priority.

:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Good luck finding a woman trainer. As far as I know we dont have any,and frankly I havent seen a woman flat driver in some time. We used to have three or four that I bumped into often but that has been a long time back now. Sorry.

4. fair and square

Jun 12, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Does Maverick let men train women? If so, is anyone willing?

5. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I couldnt tell you for sure. I would think they would have a trainer or two that trains women. Have you talked to a recruiter?

6. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    I meet a trainer a few months ago with a female student.

fair and square Thanks this.
  7. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    the skull pic will skeer every man off

NDBADLANDS Thanks this.
  8. fair and square

Jun 12, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    I have talked to a recruiter. I would prefer a woman trainer, but if the experience will be safe, I'll go with a guy. So, I thought it would be a good idea to jump start and see if anyone who could potentially train me is on the forum. The recruiter can't make any guarantees about when I'll be assigned to someone.

9. fair and square

Jun 12, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    The skull is nice, man. Can't you see the smile underneath the rough exterior?

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  10. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    I would think Maverick would take great care as to whom they would pair up with a female student. Most Maverick trainers are very professional in their roll.

11. fair and square

Jun 12, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    That's what I'm thinking. I need to go to a company that is really good in this respect. I had severe issues at my CDL training school with sexism, misogyny, harassment, and bias towards men from students and instructors. I'm filing a complaint to the DMV about them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.