Woolly Rhino Transportation, Liberty, MO MC 982751

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Wooly Rhino, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think you should have named it " Wooly Mammoth Transportation ".
    Congrats & good luck.
    Smoking, I mean pulling reefer?

Wooly Rhino Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Recruiter, driver, mechanic, salesman, cook and chief bottle washer. I also take out the trash. The only thing I don't do is talk to the drug testing folks. I have to have someone other then myself do that. One of the strange things with having your own authority is that you have to send off requests from your old companies and put them in an employment file on yourself.

Big Don, Dave_in_AZ and passingthru69 Thank this.
  4. Wooly Rhino

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    I haven't purchased a reefer yet. I have a good friend who is an air conditioning man and he can fix any reefer. Both of us have repaired trailers.

Right now I am doing what is called Power Only loads. Some are preloaded trailers but it turns out that lots of them are "load outs". These are empty trailers where the brokers pay you a small amount to pull them to a different town. Small like $100-300. The thing is you have 7 to 10 days to deliver and you can pick your own freight to pull along the way. So a trailer that has to go from KC to Laredo, can pick up and deliver loads in NYC or Seattle. Just has to be in Laredo 10 days after picked up. Reefers, Vans, Tankers, and Flatbeds are available. My insurance man has my policy loaded up and ready to add another also insured almost daily.

I will have to start buying trailers but I want whoever starts with me to have the option.

Big Don, Dave_in_AZ and passingthru69 Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Also insured are a formality. I had that with my electrical business, just takes a phone call. After 10 years, I was convinced there wasn't anyone that was not also insured by me.
    I was mulling the PO thing over when I was about to get my numbers ( just didn't have quite enough coin I felt ), and the only detriment to that is your going to be doing another PO because you just lost your trailer, I'm sure that there are guys that are good at this, and probably never own a trailer.
    But you are going to smoke, I mean target reefer market right?

Wooly Rhino Thanks this.
  6. Wooly Rhino

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Most of my experience is in Reefers, so yes I am going to own at least one reefer.

Big Don Thanks this.
  7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Hey man, I'm so hoping this works out for you! And from what I've seen of your intelligence, there is no reason to think it won't.
    I guess the only thing I can say in the way of a suggestion, comes from my extremely brief experience with my first outfit after driving school. If you are going to ask a driver to "do me a favor," make sure the driver is well rewarded, in one way or another.
    "Do me a favor" should never translate into "work for free, to cover the backside of somebody who is on the sick/lame/lazy list, but happens to be a close friend of the owner....

8. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    That philosophy is part of the foundation of all mega carrier's.

Wooly Rhino Thanks this.
  9. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Congrats! Now get back to work!

Wooly Rhino Thanks this.
  10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    should be interesting to see where this goes

Wooly Rhino and HotH2o Thank this.
  11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Good luck.
    Just keep up on the paperwork.
    Do you also have to have a certification for a Drug and Alcohol something or other. It was a class on recognizing someone under the influence.

Wooly Rhino Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.