Work for Estes

Discussion in 'Estes' started by ACH1130, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    They seem like a well run company. I've been over to their terminal in Portland to load a couple pallets and was impressed with the place. I know a guy who works the dock there and he seems to like it.

Nightwind8830 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dia

Dia Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    crowley, texas
    My Daughter and her husband work for Estes. He has worked there for 15 years. She got her cdl three years ago. She has to have a years exp. to get on with them. They now run from Dallas to Calf. twice aweek. They do pay good. The trucks leave a little to be desired at times. The break down rate is high. But again the pay rate makes up for it. sometimes he wants to quit, but she talks him down. She likes the money and he does two. I recently got my cdl and my goal is to the year that I need to apply to them.. Hope this helps

4. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I just talked to a recruiter on friday... She stated that each case is different, referring to my wife and I as a team. My wife only has 6mo's but I have 4 yrs. They have an opening right at the town we live close to.. Was told 10 out/ 4 at home.... 5-7k per week average????? I asked, "even with 10/7 drivers average 5-7k per week?, she said yes". hmmmm Anyway, I have always heard good about them and my wife has a friend that drives for them, he has nothing but good things to say. We go home on july 19th so I will be talking to the terminal mng at that time. Recruiter stated we have to have HM and Doubles endorsement before they will start hiring process. I have HM, will be taking the test for doubles when we get home..... Any teams out there that notice this thread and work for Estes, please let us know how your doing,,,,

5. frogman6042

frogman6042 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Del City OK
    I worked there for 10 years and was very happy untill Rob took it over then the place went to hell in a handbasket. he stopped buying new equipment, and repairing the old. got rid of most of the tm's that new anything, and took care of there people. they stop hiring full time and started that utility driver crap and dropped the starting pay from 17.50 to 15.00 and they could use you anywhere. senuroity went out the window with it to. i never missed a day untill i got sickwith a intestinal infection and had to go too a doctor and hospital alot. got so aggravated by TM wrighting me up even though i had doctors letters. i said forget it and moved on dont make as much money but am alot happier

6. Sojourn14

Sojourn14 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Illinois
    Any other Estes drivers out there? Looking for current opinions.

7. Nightwind8830

Nightwind8830 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Chicago,IL
    current opinions on Estes would be nice.they are 10 min away from my house and I'd like to apply with them

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  8. Trinitrucker

Trinitrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2013
    How long are u gone for otr? Thnx

9. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    Just revitalizing your holler and seeing if my additional holler will have any Estes drivers chime in.
    Breaker, breaker Estes... any updated info?

10. Nightwind8830

Nightwind8830 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Chicago,IL
  11. KF7WTV

KF7WTV Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    RENO, NV
    Maybe they're all working too hard to have time for this forum? lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.