Work related injury (Fulmer)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rcccool64, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Rcccool64

Rcccool64 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2018
    I was going through okhaholma city during rush hour traffic when I popped a tendon in my left calf from shifting . I was made to stay in the truck for two days , on crutches and then I was put on a greyhound for two - 3 days back to Florida . The following Monday I called to see when my truck would be in and was told , they were flying a driver to retrieve it .
    I was on workers comp for about 4-5 months and received a settlement . I was forced to volunteerly terminate my employment .
    When you are involved in a work related injury , they turn their back on you and they make you drive a full 11 hrs and they don't care if you use your three hrs , fueling , pre trip post trip , construction zones , traffic jams , time spent at the shipper/consinee . There's no time for a break and they'll wake you up via qual com , interrupting your 10 hrs off sending out company messages . You have to drive those 11 hrs and your logs have to match the computer within 10 minutes . Don't make the same mistake I made . .
    In my opinion , Fulmer , is a one of the worst company's to drive for next to crst .

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    It's not the work related injury that caused you to lose your job, it's the settlement.

TaterFox, jbatmick, ZVar and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Question is, was the settlement adequate enough to pay your medical bills, plus keep you in wages long enough to find a new job? If not...then you got shafted

sevenmph, ladr and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    You were forced to quit from a company you are quoted as saying is almost as bad as CRST? That is oxymoronic.
    Communications with dispatch during your 10hr break is allowed by law unless it is excessive.

6. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    I've been broken down more than any tractor I've ever driven since I started driving. If I can move I can drive. It's bad enuf the office staff feels like they pay my salary but I know that if I have any history of injury related stoppages I'll never get back to the front. I've busted my arse on ice, partially dislo'd a shoulder stepping out of the truck on a frozen catwalk, split my hand open freeing up frozen tandems(through gloves)AND gotten writer's cramp in a traffic jam. ( It's a 10 speed at the time ) I'm chronically constipated when I have time off and always need to go when I'm rolling. Mamma is still pissed I'm a truck driver and not a cowboy. If the seats were made of wood I'd have one helluva splinter.I have insurance but no idea what to do with it. Ain't seen a doc in 32 years( cept DOT what says I'm morbidly obese) I ride my Harley and drink as much beer as I can on hometime. My bp is low and my stress is high. I pee yellow and poop brown and can fart Dixie after the TA Buffay. Bottom line is if I can hear lightning and see thunder I must be a TRUCK DRIVER. I'll be 50 in 37 days.

I thought I woulda died before I got old.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.