Workin' in the oilfield in Midland/Odessa, Tx.

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by runningman0661, Mar 17, 2012.

1. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Our company has a few owner operators making $150 an hour, we are busy as can be...im not sure about other companies leasing on O/O.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chizel

Chizel Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Thanks a lot bro! Trying to head out there Monday.

4. tiger61

tiger61 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2012
    dallas
    Is this company between thomas petrol and warfield truck stop?

5. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    On the West side of Thomas Petrol.

6. tiger61

tiger61 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2012
    dallas
    Can i see it from freeway or frontage road? How many buildings west from thomas?

Also are they still hiring people?

7. THIRSTY

THIRSTY Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011
    SPOKANE, WA
    It's on the frontage road. I'm not sure how many buildings from Thomas, but you can't miss it.

tiger61 Thanks this.
  8. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Its right next door to Thomas, the sign says Kirkland Brothers.

tiger61 Thanks this.
  9. paulcouto

paulcouto Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    i should have punched in the location for thomas fuel in my gps, i had a hell of a time finding kirkland brothers. Also, when i went to a place of buisness and asked if they knew where kirkland was at, i had the most trusting face tell me it was just over the over pass on the other side of I-20........yeah.

......he forgot to mention about the 13 miles east i still had to drive. I tell ya, here in texas, directions from people are hit and miss and its mostly MISS.

Also, beware of the "texas mile". When someone says its a mile down the road.....times that by 5 and you'll be ok more often than not.

10. paulcouto

paulcouto Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    lol!!!!! yur post was buzzin through my head the whole time i was lookin for kirkland brothers, it was a total crack up:biggrin_2559:.......yeah, you cant miss it was all i was repeating to myself when i was 13 miles away and drivin in circles, i got a sick sense of humor.

.........oh, and one more thing, for those who are new to those service roads off I-20 in that area, the white painted triangles on the road next to a yield sign, well that means STOP

jesus christ, i almost ran head on into a diesel rig atleast 3 times before it stuck in my head......and just because they dont have their signal on, it dont mean sqwat lol.

fun times.

11. THIRSTY

THIRSTY Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011
    SPOKANE, WA

Well, ya can't miss it, when yer going the right direction:biggrin_2559: I agree, the frontage roads take some getting used to...my first night here, I felt like I was the frog from Frogger.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.