Worried about CDL being stale and becoming unhireable?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kitchen Trout, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    In my humble opinion this is a industry wide Sham, Oriented towards keeping drivers on the road. If you’ve been driving a tractor trailer for years and you’re out for a couple of years or six months or whatever, the minute you get back in that next truck and drive 10 miles down the road it’s like you never left. Literally like riding a bike. It just comes right back to you. They do this to discourage drivers that want to drive for a year or two and then quit for a year and then go back to it. “Oh you got a retrain”.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    That sounds cute for a one-liner, but I fail to see a scenario where a driver who has been doing this long enough to know that past employment is not necessarily indicative of driving ability would be justified in being offended by the requirement to show one's ability.

4. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    If you hired on with a new company tomorrow, would you be ok with going out for a month with a trainer to get "refreshed", or even trained their way? I would not be "offended" but I certainly would not consider it.

5. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    I was talking about doing a driving test. I see that we went right by each other because we were thinking of different things.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.