Worried about vaccine mandate at work?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by SteveScott, Nov 6, 2021.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    The vast majority of people in the US have medical coverage through their employers (around 60%). Another 20% have coverage through the ACA, and most of the rest are are either Medicare or Medicaid. Around 20 million remain uninsured which the ACA guaranteed to do away with, but never did while destroying the health insurance industry in the process. Most affordable plans have high deductibles over $2,500, but those deductibles don't apply to office visits, routine medical exams and annual wellness exams and tests. If you do get something that requires hospitalization to save your life, is it better to owe a few thousand with high deductible insurance, or tens or hundreds of thousands with no insurance?

There are ways to get health coverage out there for practically everybody, but most people aren't willing to do the work and find it, or they don't feel that paying so much for something they "might" use is worth the expense. They'd rather have a new car, boat or motorcycle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    R
    I find myself in complete agreement.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. Accidental Trucker

Jun 4, 2015
    I don’t disagree with any of your points, but I think you’re talking around the elephant in the room: we still spend almost twice as much as a society to do essentially the same thing many other places do.

SteveScott Thanks this.
  5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I completely agree, but most of the high costs for medical insurance are due to government intervention with insurance plans, and lack of intervention with the actual cost of providing medical care. When the government forces insurance carriers to cover a sex change operation, abortions and en-vitro fertilization that results in multiple births in one pregnancy and always requires neonatal ICU, and the government doesn't regulate the costs of those services, you can see where they might be a problem for insurance carriers. Politicians make too much money from health care lobbyists and that shows in the lax attitudes toward high medical costs.

Starting January 1st of this year, a new law put in place by the last administration required hospitals to publicly disclose all of their rates for any given medical procedure online so people can see what they or their insurance company will be charged before they have a procedure done. As soon as the new administration came into office, the law was ignored, and nobody in either the White House or Congress gives a crap about it. By the way, hospitals and several members of Congress sued to keep the data hidden. Can you think of any good reason for a member of Congress to want that data to stay hidden other than they're being paid off?

6. Accidental Trucker

Jun 4, 2015
    You have your first “amen” right here....

SteveScott Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.