Worst company to haul for

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Tjacks61, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Tjacks61

Tjacks61 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I hauled a load for a broker trans x the load was for staples was 2 hrs late for del now staples r not paying trans x said i can b fined up to 1200 for running late an trans x is doing nothing to get me payed wont tell what fine will be an hung up i wont haul for them or any loads for staples they wont pay detention an now not wanting to pay for the load just warning to all owner operators avoid both of these companys unless u like to haul for free

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucku

trucku Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Were you late?

4. cmbtmedic

cmbtmedic Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Elizabethton, TN
    He said he was 2 hrs late. There goes any detention pay.

5. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    yep no detentin unless he called in advance saying he was going to be late.

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, if you contracted to be be there at x time and missed, why should they be generous. Not to mention if they are charging you 1,200 for the delay, maby this is a lesson so next to you actually read the rate sheet before signing it.
    Now if it's not on the rate sheet and they arn't paying, tell them to kiss your booty and file on their bond if they don't pay.

-Steven

7. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    First things first, staples nor any other company can squelch on paying for your services just because you were late unless you have a contract with them that specifies so. A broker can not inflict his or her penalties on you unless you have a contract or rate sheet that specifies it as well. Both parties are yanking your chain unless you indeed did sign such an agreement (which is doubtful, but only you know). We will never sign such an agreement for spot market contracts or rate sheets. When the broker or shipper tries and slip such a contract in, I strikeout and modify it to our terms to include detention at $200.00 per hr after the first 1/2 hr. We make sure that we are not late in the first place, but especially so on these types of loads. I also require a actual signature on those types of contracts from the broker or shipper, I explain to them that if they are going to penalize us in the case of illness, truck breakdown, weather, or traffic, then we feel that we should be compensated for their inability to load our trailer in under a 1/2 hour.

Usually when we modify the contract or rate sheet both sides to include ourselves just back out of the deal. Know how to read your contracts and rate sheets, be on time for the delivery (if possible) and you will avoid these issues.

I agree with ZVar turn it over to collections and file on their bond.

Good Luck

8. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    As far as I'm concernd
    They have to pay for the transported load that was your time, your fuel wasted.
    They DO NOT have to pay for detention. You're late because of you not because of them.

Everybody wants their crap hauled but everybody is looking for a reason to not pay up.

powerhousescott Thanks this.
  9. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Broker no pay...file on the Brokers Bond.

Freight411 Thanks this.
  10. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Read your rate confirmations. If the fine is there and you signed, you're probably screwed. As to detention, you were late so detention pay no longer applies.

If the fine isn't mentioned on the rate confirmation then begin a claims process against their bond. Staples can dally all they want but the broker is still obligated to pay the carrier if those fines weren't agreed to by the carrier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.