Worst places for 18 wheelers to drive

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by stylicho, May 6, 2007.

1. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    I hate driving in Arkansas. It seems that people on side roads, wait for you to get within five feet of them, before they pull out into the road. :(

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    I personally don't care for Denver at night, when it's bumper to bumper on I25. The lights from the opposite side of the interstate blind me. No other city has this blinding effect on me.
    Albuquerque, NM is a nuisance on I40 for me. It's not that the road, or the traffic is bad, but they painted new white lines, next to the old ones.
    I5 in California, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I35 in Ft Worth can be a pain depending on when your there.
    None of those are really that bad, they're just my pet peeve roads, because of the lines, or the lights etc.
    I got a run that led me through Atlanta on a friday night back in Feb. and somehow I lucked out, and there was hardly any traffic. :) It was about 8:00pm. So I expected the worst, but like I said, I really lucked out. :)Arkansas rd's aren't that bad in my opinion, but their drivers annoy the piss fire out of me.

4. Raafi

Raafi Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    speaking of lines

all of the southern cali lanes are too narrow, 7'6" for an 8' truck

all so they could get federal HOV dollars

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    How are they getting away with that? I thought that Federal freeway standards required 12' lanes on the interstates.

6. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    The worst experience Ive had with lights blinding me was when I was driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike with a light snowfall. I tried to pass some big trucks in the slow land and all of a sudden I couldnt see anything in front of me because the opposing traffic is right next to you and their lights mixed with some craziness with the windshield and all it was was blurry. I was judging where I was by looking at the truck to my right :biggrin_2554:. Somebody later told me that my windshield could have been sandblasted or something like that.

7. Tankeryanker71

Tankeryanker71 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orange Park, Florida
    I have to agree with Roadhound. Atlanta and D.C. have to 2 of the worst on the eastcoast. unless your in downtown Philadelphia at 5pm....:biggrin_25523:

8. govols0872

govols0872 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    SLC, UT
    Just drove that Saturday evening. Scary

9. seabat

seabat Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2008
    sville, sc
    without a doubt, NYC.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.