Worst Showers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mrjuggalo9er, Nov 11, 2006.

who do you think has the worst showers on the road

Poll closed Jan 10, 2007.
  1. *

petro

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. pilot

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. *

flying j

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. *

TA

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. *

LOVES

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. *

Other

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. *

All of the above

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    its the same deodorant that goes under your arms, it keeps them from sweating and stinking just like your underarms. like I said its an infantry thing, you go 30 days with only steel hemet pot to bathe out of and you will put deodorant anywhere ya can get it. but then us ope deckers tend to get at it a little harder than door swingers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    you must have went to a different charlies, the caulk and grout lines are completely black with mildew, even me with lowered expectations after a life of hades thought charlies was quite bad

4. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I was at the only Big Charlies I know of in Virginia Beach. Spent two nights there while we tried to get the container warehouse to accept the unpalletized tables being sent to our troops. They refused. Eventually unloaded them at the shippers warehouse in Alabama.

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well they have scrubbed the black mold out yes. Still no ventalation in them. Kinda like sitting in a sauna.
    ME I'm a fat man and something about hot warm steam and no fan is not fun.

6. hurricanejr

hurricanejr Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2008
    west point ms
    love's I believe some use the same towel to clean and to shower with they are all blue

7. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    That's why I always brought my own towel from home out on the road. Forgot it one time and used the truck stop sandpaper towel and sure enough got a skin rash afterwards.

8. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Loves for the most part. They just don't seem to care.

9. semicrazykattie

semicrazykattie Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Phoenix, Az
    This a warning to the ladies- I was at the Love's just west of Houston, Tx on I-10, I think the name of the actual town it's in is Luling, Tx. Anyway the shower the fuel desk clerk gave me was the last one at the end of the hall. When I got in the room and sat my bag down the shower was reasonably clean which I was thankful for and unrolled the light blue towels on the sink shelve- then I noticed that the ventilation grill in the door was bent up so all someone had to do is bend down and look in. So. to solve this problem I hang my pants on the door and I'm tall enough that the bottom of the legs covered the hole. Feeling a little more at ease- I got my things ready and undressed and got in the shower. About 5 minutes into showering I got a blast of cool air which pushed the shower curtain in towards me- I thought it was strange but kept rinsing the conditioner out of my hair. I then heard a noise that sounded like the the door to my shower closing- I stopped and looked out.

My pants- that were hanging on the door to block the hole in the vent were now on the chair next to the shower stall and there was a dark blue towel (totally different color than my other towels) laying on the floor by the door which definitely was NOT there when I got in the shower.

I finished, dressed and got out of there as fast as I could. I know I should have said something to someone there- but the guy who gave me the key was the manager and for all I knew could have been the one who came in. I hope he got a good peek- sick freak!!

If you ever stop there- just beware

BugEater Thanks this.
  10. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I guess you didn't use the deadbolt???

11. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Yep deodorant under the sack daily. Keeps you from chaffing down there too. But then again dealing with tarps don't take long to break a sweat in the land down under.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.