Worst Showers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mrjuggalo9er, Nov 11, 2006.

who do you think has the worst showers on the road

Poll closed Jan 10, 2007.
  1. *

petro

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. pilot

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. *

flying j

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. *

TA

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. *

LOVES

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. *

Other

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. *

All of the above

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. kd5drx

kd5drx <strong>Master of Electronic Communications</stron

Nov 28, 2006
    Some where USA
    Ok well when i got hear in Feb 2004 we ran north up to LSA Anaconda then there were no showers no flush toilets and not even any port a johns just ply wood privey and a burn barrel. The shower was 2 bottels of water you left out in the sun for a couple of hours poked a hole in the top and got down to you bfd's inbetween the tractor and trailor and used one to we down the other to rince with. In the states the worst was up on I 80 some where in Nevada i can't remember the name of the place but it was 1 fuel pump and a tin shack and in the back was another tin shack the had the reminders of the old MASH episode with the water barrel on top and a hose with no shower head i didn't use it but thats what it was.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    It's hard to imagine Anaconda before it became the sprawling city that it is now.

4. IAMGREAT

IAMGREAT Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    BUTTE AMERICA !!!

Ya it was ok to park there. thank the LORD no one died there from enytin bitin them

5. soju

soju Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Lawrenceville Ga
    Worst I`ve found yet was the TA in Las Vegas.Still looks like the 76 with some fresh paint and a new sign.But it still is a dump!:smt025

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  6. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

The old 'johnnys', soon to be a Pilot. What a dump, terrible showers, and a restaurant that smells terribly of arse. The best part is, Peelot wants to bulldoze that POS and build a new stop, but the Twp is supposedly fighting them saying that Johnnys is an historic bldg!

Typical govt nonsense...

7. SayreTA

SayreTA Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Guys,

I am the Shop Manager at the TA in Sayre, Ok.... I know alot of you have had bad experiences with some of the TA's you have been to. So, I would like to Put out my appologees to all that have. I just wanted to chime in to let you know that your opinion does matter to us. Hopefully we can reclaim your loyalty, as you guys are our customers/ lively-hood. With this new Ownership.... I see lots of good coming out of T/A in the future.

Have a safe trip to wherever your destinations are and remember that T/A is trying to rectify there shower situation.

8. IAMGREAT

Dec 24, 2006
    BUTTE AMERICA !!!
    TA'S just suck!!! Like the one in BOISE,IDAHO, its not a TRUCK STOP no more, they call it A "PROFIT CENTER"!!! ANYTHING TO SCREW THE WORKING TRUCKDRIVER:biggrin_2556:

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  9. SayreTA

SayreTA Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2007

Sorry that you feel that way about TA.... They call it a profit center just as anyone else calls a department a "department".

In fact, T/a does stay competitive with other stops....(At least in the shop they do)... The shop hourly prices are much lower then a dealers and were lower then Petro's. T/a is about Professional drivers and always has been. The company has Missions for the professional driver. It really boils down to how a Manager is managing their buisiness.

Much of us have R.V's and Campers that we like to take out on vacations, When the time comes. So, Yes we do like to make TA the highway travelers choice, Whether it be professional drivers or rv'ers... I know i would not like it if i pulled up to a location,(Let's say to get a tire put on and then be turned away, Like i am a nobody) That is the biggest complaint that i hear. But just picture yourself in the Rv that was turned down because people felt it was solely a Truck establishment....

That being said, Please let me ask you one question; Would you pull a load that make "0' dollar profit??

And please don't take this wrong, I respect everything that you all do out there as it was my fathers profession for 26 years before he passed.

10. weggie

weggie Light Load Member

May 3, 2007
    the worst showers are debatable - there are so many bad ones. but in my opinion the best are at Mittens t/a in oakley, ks.

they are like little marble palaces.

11. IAMGREAT

Dec 24, 2006
    BUTTE AMERICA !!!

Here's another one for ya, I guess you never been to the TA in Northbend Washington. Its supposed to be a TRUCK ONLY Truck stop and for the most part is, but if you like being treated like RETARDED DIRT from the pyggs behind the counter, just go there , BE MY GUEST!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.