Worst truck stop you have been to

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by brinkj23, Aug 28, 2006.

1. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    I've stayed at that pilot once and would never go back. I never even got out of the truck there cause it looked insane. There were drug dealers, crack heads, and lot lizards running around all over the place knocking on trucks. After watching about an hour of this I decided to drive an hour east and park at a much better and safer truckstop.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BNR32

BNR32 Heavy Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    denver, CO
    in recent memory the pilot in charlotte. nothing sketchy, but man its tiny and just useless.

4. paintballjock

paintballjock <strong>"Paint Spatter"</strong>

Jan 27, 2008
    Northeast,Fl
    It's been too long ago and I was too new to remember where. But I remember taking a shower in a Florida "truckstop" where the showers were in a portable trailer out back in the weeds. when you got in the stall, the floor was a pallet placed on the GROUND! you could actually see dirt and grass under the pallet.
    On the other end of the scale, and it's been a few years since I've been there but, the Green Shingle near Erie Pa had the best showers. Very roomy and very clean. Excellent attitude held by all the staff and plenty of roomy parking.

5. paintballjock

paintballjock <strong>"Paint Spatter"</strong>

Jan 27, 2008
    Northeast,Fl
    Another one I can think of is the Pilot in SE Atlanta. Unlucky enough to go there only a couple of times and it was a couple of times too many. Ho's, pimps, chemical salesmen, dvd sales, and anything else you can think of. long lines for the fuel pumps with no place to wait. and little parking. Armed guards / cops walking around the place but don't see anything. What a dive!

6. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    To bad the Shingle is just an empty lot now--along with so many other good small stops

allniter Thanks this.
  7. I am medicineman

I am medicineman Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Kemper County, Mississippi
    "Dixie Boy".... what a freakin DUMP. It was like they stopped cleaning and maintaining after 1960.

"Old" Laredo truck stop downtown.
    Holes in lot could SWALLOW a W900L with room to spare for a freightshaker to join it. But they were nice enough to fill those holes with water so you couldn't tell how deep they were.

The TA "garbage pile" in East St.Louis was always a treat to breathe around.

EVERY single TS north of VA/KY and East of the MS river.

8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Sweet Pea in Arkansas...forget the exit number off I-40, but it ranked so high on the rank truck stop list it got its own thread titled, oddly enough, "Sweet Pea" and the town name that I can't remember.

9. annettecj

annettecj Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2010
    There are so many bad truck stops I just wouldnt know where to begin.

10. elevator22

elevator22 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    charleston sc
    Still new to trucking only had 3 months under me but have seen enough to know when its a good stop and when its a trash stop.

1 Queencity stop off 20 in Meridian MS.: total junk pile about 4 lot lizzards working for only 6 trucks at the time i was there. (during the day) Bathrooms looked like a landfill was being zoned.here as well. Trash,toilet paper both new and used as well as every stall had a turd stuck on the ceiling or on the toilet itself

2 A little Citgo gas station off a highway(i forgot the name of it and cant get it up on google earth.) outside birmingham AL off 20 its next to a Loves i belive.ended up pulling in for the night. If u didnt know where the holes were in the parkinglot. You would be calling a wrecker in the morning to get u going again. Bars on the windows and the lady wanted 7 dollars to use the restroom.

3 TA service shop outside Greer SC. Ended up putting on a oil filter without the gasket and when we checked everything looked good after a B service get to town (load wasnt ready). Theres oil gushing out of the filter! Sad thing is they never refilled half the fluids. Grease for the chassis was in 4 inch globs most fell off the part within the 50 miles

pretty sure i will find worse but thats what ive been exposed to so far

11. brinkj23

brinkj23 "Asphalt Cowboy"

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    Surprised this thread is still going from when I started it on August of 2006. Guess there's that many crappy truck stops out there.

allniter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.