Worst truck stop you have been to

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by brinkj23, Aug 28, 2006.

1. cruzer

cruzer Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Hay! I'was at the stop! wont forget! many little things going on! as you..
    said! Sleezy Actions The staff inside somewhat..um....personal!
    I'..was with a' PRIME INC DRIVER at ..the ..time.. Cruzer..
    That truckstop in Birmingham Alabama. down the long hill.. that ..One!
    Thanks Once More..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craigblock

craigblock Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2007
    cinnaminson,nj
    their's a pilot and a petro their,the pilot is kind of small i think it used to be the sandman motel years ago

4. rangerman1

rangerman1 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Cheney, Wa
    The Love's @ Tucumcari, NM. was pretty nasty last time I was there. (several years ago, never went there again) Er, we'll skip details and say the toilets had some functionality problem. Took them over an hour to send someone to LOOK at the problem. Sad to say, the Flying J. in my hometown of Spokane, wa is pretty bad too. There's actually 2 of them, exit 286 is horrible, the other at geiger/airway hghts has no onsite parking.

5. Pyro

Pyro Bobtail Member

May 4, 2007
    A little Texaco station on I-20 one or two exits from the TA and Flying J in Dallas TX. Pulled in there about 2 or 3 in the morning one night to try to get some sleep. Didn't even have the brakes set yet and some crackhead come over with a bucket and a squeegie trying to get me to pay him to clean the windows, got rid of him had some skank ### lot lizard at the door twice in fifteen minutes. Got rid of her some other broad was begging for change, then two guys came around trying to sell drugs. Had to pay 5 bucks to park there. Got up in the morning found all the crackheads and ###### sleeping in the ######## in the mens room.

6. bandit24

bandit24 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Near Charlottesville, VA
    this place is the Pits! Pothole ridden parking lot will trash the trucks alignment. Poor service in the restaraunt, poor lighting, and the food aisn't too good either. Generally, Mom & Pops type TS tend to be pretty good. Not sure what happened to this one

7. BUZZSAW

BUZZSAW Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2006
    You Know Bill's used to have a really good restaurant back in 1977 & 1978 . I can think of 8 or 10 more smaller truckstops back around that time that were pretty good. I guess if you are not hooked up with the big chains nowadays you can't stay in business. It's sort of sad to see the old Mom & Pop truckstops go under. Today's drivers don't have many of these old places around where the waitresses & the fuel guy knew your name , recognized your truck & appreciated your BUSINESS & patronage !!:biggrin_2557:

allniter Thanks this.
  8. reddeb92503

reddeb92503 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2007
    corona CA
    oh year the TA in ATL GA that is the worst and dont leave anything you value in the truck. It would be better to park at that nice lil bar just down the road................mmmmmmmmmmmmm Southern Comfort..........yes the charge you 5 bucks and they have thier own lot lizzard. (Brave lil gal that even aproached a truck with 2 women in it) BUT it is still better than that TA.

9. Sparky1982

Sparky1982 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Jackson, MI

Stayed at Southern Comfort last night, nice little bar, and the strip club next door is hopping, not my type of club though. SC charges $10 to park now, but if you go in and get drinks, they refund you your money.

10. Sparky1982

Sparky1982 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Jackson, MI
    I was wondering if anybody has stopped at the 145 in jackson,mi. Its my hometown and the food is pretty good, not much in the way of services or parking though.

11. kc8vje

kc8vje Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2007
    East Point, KY 41216

Hey, I used to haul local for a mining company in the Kimper area. I once had a Crete truck put me in the ditch around that steep curve on SR-194. I turned my truck around and went back to kick some major tail, but Kelloggs wouldn't let me in. Luckily there was no damage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.