Worst truck stop you have been to

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by brinkj23, Aug 28, 2006.

1. luvinmytrucker

luvinmytrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Ventnor City, NJ
    Never been OTR but I lived in Englewood Fl. and had a Starvin-Marvin across the street....I wouldn't even buy smokes from that nasty place!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Well I know not to go back to this hole! Mt Vernon TX, loves truck stop. Had a delivery in Dallas last week and stopped at this cluster. Got in there at a decent time and found a place to park. Heard drivers talking on the CB about how bad it is to get out of here. A driver was parking beside me and I helped spot him in the space. Went and took a shower. USA truck was trying to park on my other side and I had to keep telling him on the radio, your not going to make it. Actually I don't think he wanted the empty spot beside me. I think he wanted to share the one I was in.:biggrin_2556: Guy on my other side pulled out and another guy backed in after he pulled up 45 times and kept inching closer to me everytime.:biggrin_2556: I went to bed and woke up a bunch of times wondering if someone was backing in beside me.:biggrin_25521: Got up the next morning and some yard bird had parked across the front of my truck not even in a parking space. He blocked about 10 trucks in. I had to beat on his door to get him to move so I could get out. I will be danged if these fools had not blocked the exit on the back side of the lot. Figured I would go out the entrance, but it was blocked as well. Had to get in line with a bunch of trucks at the fuel line to get out of this hole. Took me a hour and a half to get out of this dump. These jokers come into this lot at nite and when it is full, they just fall out and hit the sleeper. Doesn't matter where they are.:biggrin_25513:

4. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    :mshocked:
    The other one would be the TA just south of Nashville on I-65. Overall it was liveable and no trouble , but everytime I went there, the showers were dirty and the air conditioner wasn't working in the shower area and hallway. (during the summer) Drivers were comming out of there sweating and cussing. The the little Mexican lady that handled the towels and cleaning would "tell you" to give her a tip. One driver was sweaty and grouchy after his shower, complaining about the heat and no A/C and dirty floor. The lady walked up to him, held out her hand and said "give me a tip". He said "alright, leave me the #### alone. How's that for a tip?
    :angryfire:

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  5. cruzer

cruzer Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Its Cruzer hay! I' was their back in Feb .18 2004. in the heart of Birmingham Alabama. at that time the food service was ok..
    And i do recall people wandering about the lot. 'Me and first seat
    had or dinner as was said someone asking you to buy something!
    'It was right on that heavy intersection yea but the girls working.
    inside were decent' we had just driven so many miles. oh.
    The need to stop and eat Happy Holidays Cruzer
    Your from Tacoma wo... They Said.!

6. fido1977

fido1977 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2007
    vidalia ga
    worst for me was the pilot in west memphis seen a guy get tackled in the store trying to rip something off knocking over ailes and stuff two other drivers and me had to help the poor manager to subdue the cracked out guy and when the cops got there they were more of a butthole than the crackhead so go fiqure if you dont get killed by a doper in the parking lot there you can bet your life you get out of line a little your gonna go to jail there so watch out in west memphis arkansas fido

7. jbug

jbug Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2007
    york,pa
    I agree the pilot at west memphis got to be the worst. I got woken up 3 times by hookers during the night. In the morning I told the lady at the checkout counter what happened and she said they call the cops all the time there but they keep comming back. Needless to say I told her I was never comming back, (that happened 4 years ago and still never went back and never will) worst night I ever had at a truck stop.
    Another bad one although for a different reason is the pilot at hagerstown md. There is absolutley no room in there and is busy as hell. One time I was in there all I wanted to do was to scale. It took 45 min because I had to wait in line as soon as I turned into the drive behind trucks that wanted to fuel and or scale and than I finally get to the scales and find out that everybody has been parking on the scale and going in. When it was my turn I realized why. If you pull off the scale you will be blocking the trucks leaving the fuel pumps. There is no where else to pull over you gotta get off the scale and exit the parking lot. Heaven forbid you had to fuel and scale you would have to go around and wait in line twice. Any way that was just one time I went there and I had to go there other times because I had no choice but I try my best to avoid it. Strictly emergencey fuel for me.

8. lakerat

lakerat Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Purdon,Tx
    The worst truck stop I think is the old Key truck stop x 785 I10 Channelview,Tx. Guy writings on the bathroom nasty tolits, if you find one that works you have to stuff crappy tolit paper in the holes in the walls to keep from looking at a eye looking back at you. Crack heads and lot lizards own the parking lot, hell they even do business in the hall way between the store and resterant. Talk about craters and trash in the parking lot.

9. TrooperRat

TrooperRat Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I dunno, I think there are a lot of bad truckstops out there. I remember going into a truckstop, fueling up and going to take a "shower", only to find the entire room so filthy and foul - I just turned around and walked out. Pubic hairs/mold-mildew, at one place stained-sheets. Nasty. DISGUSTING.
    Every time I walk into the so-called "Circle-K" "Truckstop", lol, at 35th avenue and Buckeye in Phoenix, it brings back - BAD - memories. The bathroom there is just plain disgusting, and is ALWAYS just PLAIN DISGUSTING.

10. bobobrazil

bobobrazil Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2007
    In Front Of You
    Yep, the other night I stopped at the TA in Barstow,Ca. and I had to take a shower in a small camping trailer that they have setup while remodeling. It wasn't to bad....water was hot and the pressure was OK but, the next morning when I got up and went to use the bathroom, all of the temporary camper type trailers were out of order. This meant use one of three outhouses they had on site. No thanks...I got in my truck and drove up to the flying hook. That TA is a mess...my advice, stay away!

11. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    there used to be some mom and pop stops in alabama that made me cringe...

not only for their dirty state - but also for their "decor" of confederate battle flags and illusions to "kkk" type stuff...

wow - what a legacy they are selling the public... hehehhe:biggrin_25520:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.