Worth it to get back into trucking?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by insipidtoast, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Hilton points to! There breakfasts are really good.
    Tell us about the what when and where, do you have a brand new outfit , how much they paying , any health-care , dental 401k , how many points on the safersys

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    During Covid. I told friends I wasn’t affected by Covid. They were shut up in their homes.
    I couldn’t stand going back to a job where I have to show up the same time everyday. Oh the horror!

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  4. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Yeah we have the white line fever with no high temperatures , a lot of HR managers won't hire a truck driver for our paper mills , i just figured i was damged goods in there eyes.
    I have stories for days what the HR people talk about at the bar . Not much.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    In this day and age, I don't know that work and life balance truly exists. It's so expensive to live these days that everyone in every industry is underpaid and has to give up more and more just to make ends meet. The jobs you speak of that creates that balance, it ain't enough room for everyone to have it. If speaking from a vantage point of pay and working conditions, then it ain't many jobs out there that are truly "worth it." I guess that's why I have the mindframe of creating a narrative that makes trucking worth it. For me it is. It's made me a better man. I may not necessarily advance my lot in life based on societal expectations, but the lessons I've learned being out here, priceless.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    Chinatown, nredfor88 and lual Thank this.
  6. Plantfoam

Plantfoam Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    DFW
    I definitely don't miss all of the washout, reefer issues, OS&D....and the efforts to make the driver responsible for the product count.

7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    How about the constant state of overtiredness?

Plantfoam Thanks this.
  8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Im never there for breakfast, I start my day as close to midnight as possible. Rather do the miles while the rest of the world sleeps, or instance I go thru El Paso TX about 4am, empty freeways, nice and easy.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    TN

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, I'm from Tennessee also. Won't be a problem finding a job after you get the CDL reinstated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.