Would anyone recommend Boyd Bros.?

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by NyteWulf, Feb 23, 2007.

1. kratzzer

kratzzer Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Goshen,In.
    is freight slowing down? do you guys find yourself waiting for your next load or are they quick to get you rollin again? any help would be great thanks and be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. allikatzpop

allikatzpop Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    york,pa
    Freight is slow..every year flatbed freight starts to drop off between Thanksgiving and New Year.Then comes starvation February.Thank god its only has 28 days..Spring's right around the corner and freight will pick up ..

4. kratzzer

kratzzer Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Goshen,In.
    Do you work for boyd bros? Interested in going with them not much info on them good and bad equal out. Have flatbed exp. worked for another company but sat a long time and weekends i was away from home dont mind being on the road on the weekend but not sitting and being empty dont see to many of there trucks around here so dont know about home time here. any answers would be great when you have time.

5. Gnome

Gnome Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Stockbridge
    I drive for Boyd, they are the same as any other trucking outfit. Push drivers to run illegal and hang you out if you get caught. You do not get home time until they get ready and then you have to run illegal to get a Saturday night home. Anyone telling you different is a million miler or just blowing smoke up your a--. they will paint a beautiful pic of how wonderful they are and you'll learn out on the road their the same as the rest. all companies make money as long as the truck moves, so there interest is the truck and load.

6. Gnome

Gnome Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Stockbridge
    If your working (out on the road away from home) 7 days=168 hours and you bring home $800 your making $4.76/ hour. Numbers don't Lie

7. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Really? You expect to get paid while you sleep or sit on your #** and drink coffee? Figure again with just the time your driving/loading/ unloading. And if its that bad... Quit. There are plenty of hungry drivers that will fill in your spot.

8. Gnome

Gnome Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Stockbridge
    So, Ok you are not responsible for the load and truck after you drive and work your 14 hours per day? you can just go home and play X Box for your 10 hour break? You can take the wife and Kids to the Movie? you can go Watch your Kids Ball Game?. No Your in and responsible for the truck and Load, Nobody wants in their parking-lot, from the time you leave out until you get to go Home.There was another couple pages to this thread but they were removed because the site dose not want you newbe's to know how rotten this Industry really is, mostly comparing driving wage to flippin burger wage. You'll learn. Yea, I told them to KMA and I went back to Construction, an Honest profession, Honest day's work, For an Honest Day's Pay $22.75 per Hour with Time and a Half Over Time ,with Benefits. Good luck with that, Just passing on Information about the Real World. The Country's so dependant on the Trucking Industry That their Allowed to Treat Drivers Like SH** and get away with it. Police( of every Type) are waiting to give you a Ticket, Insurance Lawyers are Waiting to Hang you to get at that Million $$$ insurance policy. That's why there is such a shortage of Drivers, IT"S NOT WORTH THE SH** YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH FOR THE LITTLE MONEY YOU GET!!!!!!

Guitar Man Thanks this.
  9. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    And therein lies the answer to why they (carriers) get away with this nonsense. There's always a new guy with visions of big money, of being a "paid tourist", with a recruiter blowing massive amounts of smoke up his ### about all the great things that these mega carriers will do for you. It's a vicious circle that never really ends...

10. allikatzpop

allikatzpop Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    york,pa
    Exactly right.With the new physical regs coming out,the companies will get what they wanted.
    1.An excuse to dump all the old timers,w/ high blood pressure and our diabetes.(two symptoms of years of eating truck stop food and physical neglect).
    2. Hire replacement rookies,Train them to do EXACTLY as they are told(Hurry up ..you gotta be there @7 AM,)because the rookies will be too scared of their job to tell dispatchers "F U I'm outta hours
    3.Pay the rookies bottom of the pay scale,cheaper health insurance,less vacation time...

11. cruisecontrol

cruisecontrol Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Rockingham, NC

I know Boyd does everything they can to get you rolling and keep you rolling. Numerous occasions I have unloaded at customers with drivers from other companies. Other drivers were empty when I went in, unloaded and when I left with new load info..They told me it was going to be a few more hours or the next day till they got a load. Boyd has hired more people in their inside and outside sales dept. more of the upper management have been working double duty trying to find freight. When I left 2 months ago, they were adding 2, 3 or even 4 new accounts every week. Now if you are in the middle of nowhere and 5 other Boyd drivers unload before you, you might sit awhile. Best thing to do there is be the 1st driver there, so youll most likely be the first driver out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.