would like to know about home time for texas

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Buster1ton, Oct 2, 2012.

1. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    The trainer may cut you loose early if he's comfortable with your abilities, but Maverick's insurance requires a minimum of 21 days in the trainer truck, so you'll be in it for at least that long. But they have some awesome trainers here - I haven't met one yet I didn't like. The trainers actually get paid for every mile you drive for a year after they graduate you, so they have a vested interest in your success. I still talk to my old trainer on the phone at least a couple times per week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buster1ton

Buster1ton Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2012
    That is good to hear I hope to meet all of you one day hope y'all stay safe out there talk with y'all soon thanks alot been a lot of help

4. exhawkeye

exhawkeye Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Forney,TX
    I'm in the TCD division and get home every time I put in a request. Most of the time I get a load to Ft. Worth coming home or going back out most of the time. I live just east of Dallas near the Rockwall TA. Gonna get a passcard when I get back home next time.

I went to Lil Rock with a guy who went into flatbed and switched to TCD that lives near Longview. They get him home all the time.

5. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    A friend of mine who went thru the orientation with me last year lives in DFW, he satrted in RSW Division, then soon got on a dedicated gig running pipe out there to around 3 states. He has been doing great with Maverick and loves it. He gets home on weekends very regularly no issues. I am sure that you would find the same.

6. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Running pipe? Out of where? Ive not heard of this account.

7. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    There are only a few trucks on it from what I know Dan.

8. ATX

ATX Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Savannah, TX (DFW Metro)
    Hey Buster, how did things work out for you in Texas?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.