Would like to see a DISPATCHER forum...

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by chp56, Jun 17, 2013.

1. chp56

chp56 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Barstow, Ca
    Kinda curious about what they would have to say-a lot of them were drivers themselves...
    They might not be interested,tho,probably perceive it to be a hostile atmosphere in here-
    Always wondered,though,what their job is like!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    It would probably have to be restricted like politics and unions . Would all be BS anyway . Dispatchers never put the truth in writing

volvodriver01 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Ever tried to herd cats? that's sort of like what a "dispatcher" does. The term (job) "dispatcher" is not the same today as it was decades a go. Computers are doing a lot of the work to a degree. But when you have a bunch of drivers all wanting to be here, there or yonder by Friday afternoon, you have freight that is not flexible, and you have competitors waiting on you and your drivers to screw up, it's tough whether your a planner, driver manager, fleet manager, dispatcher or whatever you want to call them. (especially when freight slows downs as various cycles come and go. When freight is ample, this makes things easier and better for everybody concerned)

Besides they have real lives. They go home and don't have time or desire to deal with STILL MORE b######g, complaining, and griping drivers on a computer forum.

5. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    I appreciate the suggestion, but it's not going to happen for exactly the reasons you suggested. TruckersReport would be an unwelcoming environment for a dispatcher subforum. Those topics would be better discussed in a separate site with its own community.

6. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    I think it could be interesting. I know I'm not the only former steering wheel holder on here. :biggrin_25523:

Admin Thanks this.
  7. chp56

chp56 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Barstow, Ca
    Sublime, you mean you were or are a dispatcher now?

8. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    I wear many hats here. I drive when needed, assist in dispatch, run the safety dept (more like I AM the safety dept), dabble in IT and do pretty much whatever the boss tells me. All this after being a full-time driver for 26 years, 18 with this company.

Let me tell ya, the view from here is vastly different than what I saw as just a driver.

9. chp56

chp56 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Barstow, Ca
    That's kinda what I figured...that's why I'm curious about what it looks like from their side of the fence

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.