Would you Eat this Sandwich ?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Miami Trucker, Jul 8, 2014.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    So.... Some broad takes a dump, squeezes pimple number 412 and then comes to make your sandwich, no gloves, no washing hands, and this is ok???

bergy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bergy

bergy Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2013

Depends...was she cute?

Seriously though, I'll wear the badge of wuss proudly, while I'm trying to limit my intake of sperm, fecal matter, herpes, and other germs and diseases. I am a wuss.

otherhalftw, OPUS 7 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I second that.

OPUS 7 and bergy Thank this.
  5. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    The pack of you probably wouldn't have survived childhood growing up where I did. We thought nothing of coming in from work (mechanical or farm labor), giving our hands a rinse with the hose (horrors... tap water from a well!), and having lunch. What was the point of getting all clean jwhen you were just gonna get dirty all over again? As far as disease goes,inotice that don't get sick anywhere near as easily as those aroubd me who tryto lead a "sanitary" life. Get dirty! You'll live longer.

Cranky Yankee, ChefBrianN and Joetro Thank this.
  6. ChefBrianN

ChefBrianN Light Load Member

May 10, 2014
    Michigan and Colorado
    Pushing it a bit much aren't you? Have you actually seen this? I'm betting you are just laying a broad range of "what ifs" out there. Here's something I have actually seen. I was on the NY Thruway several years ago and I stopped at one of their service plazas with a Hardees restaurant at 3 AM. I walked into the restroom and relieved myself at the urinal and the guy standing next to me had a Hardees uniform on. He did his business and rolled right out of the bathroom...

When I walked out of the john, I wanted to order some food and the same guy that never washed his hands after being in the bathroom next to me was serving up burgers/fries at the Hardees counter. I took a pass on dinner to go that night and have never eaten at Hardees. Just goes to show you...one negative thing at one place in upstate NY has soured me forever for any of those places anywhere.

7. ChefBrianN

ChefBrianN Light Load Member

May 10, 2014
    Michigan and Colorado
    Also...the notion that wearing latex gloves to prepare food is somehow more sanitary than preparing it bare-handed is pretty much laughable. I have seen many a Subway Sandwich worker wear gloves each time they prepare a sandwich and they don't change them. I have also seen them collect cash from a customer (money is really dirty) and then go back to making a sandwich for the next customer without changing their gloves. The idea that latex gloves are a "cure-all" for some food borne illnesses is laughable at best.

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I used to live in NYC. Staten Island to be exact. I've seen a lot of things....

9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    A good cook has great sanitary practices and doesn't need gloves. Gloves are for the unsanitary. I'd rather eat from a cook that washes their hands frequently because I know they keep the other work surfaces clean.

When you cook for a crowd you don't have time to sort who's who, so you cook for the finicky person. Sub artists aren't cooks, nor developed the habits of a real cook.

Outside dirt is one thing. Public gatherings and fecal matter, snot distribution and sneezing is another. Look how many truckers or cooks take a crap and don't wash their hands. If you could illuminate it with a black light you can see a trail directly to the door exit. I'll enjoy a campground picnic but not a poopoo platter for two. :)

I take extra precautions in public places. I haven't had a cold or flu in 7 years or more. I can't remember the last one it's been so long. I think this is what it all boils down to is the transfer of disease. Bacteria is one thing, viruses is another.

[video=youtube_share;ssktVpcv9WI]http://youtu.be/ssktVpcv9WI[/video]

ChefBrianN, joseph1135 and bergy Thank this.
  10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    If I go to a restaurant and the bathroom is dirty, I leave. I will not eat there. If it's bad where we can see, imagine what it's like where we can't see.

CondoCruiser and ChefBrianN Thank this.
  11. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Eye candy over germs every time!:biggrin_25514:

CondoCruiser, joseph1135 and bergy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.