Would you Eat this Sandwich ?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Miami Trucker, Jul 8, 2014.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee

Sight over smell? Ewwwwww! :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ford L8000

Ford L8000 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Blacksburg, VA
    This reminds me of when I was in Iraq in 2003, it was one of the times that we had hot chow that we didn't have to heat ourselves! It was a short walk from my truck to the chow point and the wind was perfectly calm on the way over there. I got my food, didn't bother to cover it with another tray as the walk was not that far. I took a couple of steps and the wind blew some wonderful Iraq sand all over my food. The food for the night was steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, pears, and butterscotch pudding. I scraped what sand I could off of the food and ate it. There was no way to get all the sand out of the pudding or pears, just ate through it. To date, it is the only time I have eaten crunchy pudding! So, I totally agree that a little dirt won't hurt anyone!

bergy, OPUS 7 and otherhalftw Thank this.
  4. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

Rather have a hot chick warm up my cheese sandwich in her armpits before the kitchen lunch lady, anyday.

5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Cleavage trumps all!:biggrin_25519:

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  6. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    That is a wonderful story to the masses, Did you eat hajis offering, no you did not. Terrible story.
    I ate dirt and survived.

Reserve?

7. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Some of you never worked in the food industry before?Its ALL got some form of Nasty if you only knew.
    I worked for a KFC as a young man.One example I remember was the extra crispy drum that marinated the
    chicken.The door would come open,and sling raw chicken everywhere!I would pick it up to throw away,and the
    old man that ran day shift yelled for me to put it back!!
    A lot of that goes on.Same thing at Hardees,food dropped,cooks put it back on grill.
    I once worked at an all you can eat that recycled uneaten fried foods.They are no longer in business,but another
    horrific example that you as a consumer never get to see.
    Think of ALL those door handles,knobs,steering wheels and such you touch with the bare hand.
    Theres a very high chance 1 out of five of those places have been touched by a hand that's been up their nose,
    at the urinal,or some other unthinkable places,and you just touched it to enter,or leave,or get in that loaner truck.
    How much nasty is in that loaner truck.Guys stop to pee,hops right back in,and off we go.
    Don't even get me started on the dried booger ratio..My last loaner looked like the roof top of a cave.I should have
    worn a hazmat suite.
    Im just gonna roll in a pile of dog crap before I start my day,and get it all behind me,so I can focus :biggrin_2559:

bergy Thanks this.
  8. Ford L8000

Oct 9, 2013
    Blacksburg, VA
    Nope, didn't get to eat any haji food, except for the subway in Kuwait. Still do not or want to know what in the world the meat was, as it was a substitute for the pork products. Probably the worst Subway sandwich I've ever had!

Shaggy Thanks this.
  9. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

Would you like the 6", or 12", goat meat sub?

Ford L8000 Thanks this.
  10. Ford L8000

Oct 9, 2013
    Blacksburg, VA
  11. joewispers

joewispers Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Amityville,N.Y.
    Add"s to the Flavor.....MMMMMMMM......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.