Would you give away a shower?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Sea0fgreen, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Showercleanwheniwork

Showercleanwheniwork Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2014
    It makes my day to see a complete stranger given a shower credit...warms the heart if you think about it.

mickimause and d o g Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    I know the feeling , lol
    what has this world come to ?

4. bergy

bergy Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2013
    I'm small town old school and share your frustration. Sometimes it seems the world is just full of self absorbed idiots these days. Recently I've decided to stop thinking about the decline of society, and just continue acting the way I think things should work. I know I feel better and enjoy my day better when I help a few people out. Ninety percent of folks are too rude to notice ... but the other ten percent are hopefully inspired to pay it forward themselves. I'm happier now that I'm focusing on the 10% and not the 90%.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    mickimause, tangerineGT and tsavory Thank this.
  5. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    Run local at the moment.
    Typically tell the OTR boys trying to grab a shower "Eh, hold on a sec, lemee save you a credit." Do a pretty good job of giving out all of mine, have literally no use for them.

Given a few credits when I was OTR and was given a few in return. Sucks when you get all mentally psyched for a shower and find out you don't have credits. How sad is it, that something as normal as a shower, can be such a big deal. But that's life on the road for 'ya.

Whenever I'm home, I take like 3 minuet showers because I hate paying for utilities. When I'm at a TS shower I act like that hot water is coming from a hot spring. I am literally speeding the path of global atmospheric destruction with my carelessness. And if feels great.

mickimause Thanks this.
  6. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    I got a shower today. 5 drivers walked by while I was putting money in the machine thanks guys.

7. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    I always give showers away, shame I didn't pass by ya. I accumulate atleast 3 or 4 per trip and there's now way I can take 12 or more showers a week.

Showercleanwheniwork Thanks this.
  8. Showercleanwheniwork

Showercleanwheniwork Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2014
    I must be doing a good job, the truckers are really grateful to me lately, even personally coming up to me to thank me..I have upgrade the candy to bite sized chocolates and tootsie roll suckers!

mp4694330 and joseph1135 Thank this.
  9. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    Thanks it's all good I'll get reimbursed. But I never asked anyone either. I was at TA Denton TX.

10. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I'm always a bit hesitant to give a shower to a Randy because they might jack the towels or vandalize something and I don't want that coming back on me...

11. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ

I actually heard that happened before.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.