Would you work here?..

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Prolaznik, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Prolaznik

Prolaznik Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    SD
    job.jpg

Second question:
    Anyone ever collected this type of bonus SignON ?

Attached Files:

• job.jpg
      job.jpg
      File size:
      182.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. just_the

just_the Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Saltillo, MS
    I'd at least go talk to them; personally and find out what you'd be running and CPM, I'm not sure I'd haul groceries, I've heard of a lot of shady on goings with dock managers workers that made me shy away.

Prolaznik Thanks this.
  4. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Sure...go check it out...you got nothing to loose.

Prolaznik Thanks this.
  5. Prolaznik

Prolaznik Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    SD
    I just might go check it out lol

6. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Check them out but here is what I expect:

$4800 sign on - means they are a crap company and have a hard time keeping drivers. The $4800 comes after a year of service and no one makes it a year.

2 days out on 4 days - means it is a tight turn almost to tight to log legit and you do it twice a week.

New trucks - they lease crappy stripped down fleet trucks.

Daily pay guarantee. CPM and per pound pay for unloading. Tight schedule with crappy slow customers.

Paid training - micro management at minimum wage

Safety and fuel bonus - Poor company CSA scores and lots of stops for crappy fuel mileage.

Hotels paid - for your two days out you will sleep in the roach motel

Hey, I could be wrong but I don't think so. Good paying jobs and companies do not need entice drivers with a sign on bonus. You pay fair and you will have drivers beating down your door. The ad left out the name the rate of pay and the scale. I expect it is a subcontractor for a larger food service.

7. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    Actually PFS delivers to a lot of convenience stores, grocery stores,restaurants, etc and the driver unloads his truck. Thats probably why they offer such a bonus, of course most who offer bonuses dont expect you to be around long enough to collect it anyway, which, to be completely fair, drivers are responsible for that. Back when they first started offering bonuses, theyd pay them up front. Drivers would sign on, get the bonus, then find another company to drive for.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Prolaznik and Feedlebum Thank this.
  8. Feedlebum

Feedlebum Light Load Member

May 5, 2014
    And they are having to compete with the oil field pay in that area. That is probably why they have to offer the bonus money

Prolaznik Thanks this.
  9. Feedlebum

Feedlebum Light Load Member

May 5, 2014
    it would be good experience and probably pay more than the starter company you are with

Prolaznik Thanks this.
  10. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Id agree with toomanybikes.....good companies don't have any sign on bonus because they can keep the driver seat filled without them. If a company is willing to pay 4500 to keep the seat filled, most people must jump out of it.

Prolaznik Thanks this.
  11. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    PFS is a legit company, but you will have to work just like any other food service company. The bonus will be paid out through the year more then likely. MBM is offering a 5 to 6,000 bonus in OKC. Most folks just don't want to work that hard, and if they are low on drivers don't expect many days off.

Prolaznik Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.