1. newjacktrucker

newjacktrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2007
    NASHVILLE,GA
    I was turned down by several companies that I thought were going to hire me .
    They said my current employment did not qualify for otr experience. Does any one know of a good company to start with? I only have 3 months, I read about JB,Swift etc. on this and other boards and all is negitive. Are there any good companies for a newbie with 3 months in Ga.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i drive for USA and am happy there thusfar.

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

The same thing happened to me when I was a O/O and drove Intrastate.

They want you to go thru a school before you work for them, I had a CDL for many years but had to sit in class for 4 weeks to drive OTR again.

Your options are limited with only 3 months and I doubt that a good company would take you without prior school training buts thats IMO and I hope you can prove me wrong. Good luck!

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    You could try maverick since you have your CDL, but if you have any kind of blemish they are picky on who they hire.

6. DragginMan

DragginMan Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    north AL
    I have seen quite a few Maverick drivers who did NOT fit the "top of the line" cream of the crop you claim. I have tarped next to quite a few I would not want to be downwind from or trust not to shank me in a dark lot! They might be "picky" with a driving record but not with much else!

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

I never said we did not have some rough characters. They want a good image and are picky on their new hires. Go to orientation and watch them get thinned out. Their web-site leaves nothing to guess at. They say not all have what it takes to be a maverick. It takes a good background and even if you have flat exp you will do their load securement training or you will hit the road without one of their trucks.

8. carrot top

carrot top Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    greenville, sc
    a driver from trans am came by the school were I was getting my CDL training, and he said he really liked working for trans am he had been there aver a year and from what I could tell he had a fairly nice truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.