WRONGFULLY TERMINATED FROM SWIFT

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by RuckerTrucker, Nov 5, 2019.

1. RuckerTrucker

RuckerTrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I was wrongfully terminated in my opinion. I was driving the reefer truck with tons of merchandise in the back down a 35mph road. I was then hit by a driver going 65mph in a 35mph zone while crossing the intersection. The driver was deemed at fault by the police officer and ticketed. The driver ran the red light while hitting my truck. THEY FIRED ME!. How can a company fire you if there is a police report that you were not at fault ESPECIALLY with another car running the red light? When they called me and fired me they said it could have been prevented because I could have stopped at the green light. It was 2 seconds before the light turned from green to yellow. HOW IN THE HELL WILL I SEE THE LIGHT if I am already halfway thru the intersection? I hate that this happened . What can I do to get this off MY DAC and have SWIFT DEEM this wrongful termination? I had been driving for them for 1 and half years! BY THE WAY OI was awarded unemployment as no misconduct could be found on my end. I HAVENT even had a write up or other incident with this company.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Reason for edit: add more detail
    FlyingHome and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    We just need the real version of what happened... Something smells funny.... Sniff Sniff...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  4. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Hmm! Gotta be more to this story!

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    maybe the drive cam/event cam noted your speed?

maybe (if you have a camera), it took video of the light going to yellow, and you ran that yellow light, when you could have been going the speed limit, see the yellow and prepare to stop?

i'm going on that you sped up rather than slowed down, when the light was going to yellow.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Still doesn’t matter as long as the OP didn’t enter the intersection after the red. If he didn’t do that, he didn’t legally run a red light.

Nobody can predict some possibly drug fueled idiot coming out of a cross street at double the speed limit.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I think there is more to this.

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    And in that year and a half, have you had any other accidents? Incidents? How many write ups of any kind? We're not getting the whole story here.

9. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    The light was stale. That's why. They
    blame you for not paying attention to a stale green light.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I think swift is also known for not firing somebody on a first offense unless it was really agregious...

FlaSwampRat and Ridlingdj Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.