Wtf, is the disconnect between sales and dispatch?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by crocky, Dec 4, 2017.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I made it very clear in my post, it was 2k before taxes..... Health insurance Umm I haven't had that in 10 years.. company wanted 3k a year with high as hell deductible.. no thank you..

No one says I made 60k last year but really it was $39.5k after taxes.. Everyone understands taxes are paid..

Also if the moon crashes into the Earth I probably won't make any money. I've already delt with truck issues and being down.

My 1st week only ran 5 days. My 2ND week I had a 34hr reset because the truck was in the shop..

This week I sat as I mentioned for 3days.. Still made money..

Hell I've yet to have a week with no issues... I was in our terminal 5 times over the last week a a half between truck issues or trailer problems.. I'm starting to think I'm on a Pittston dedicated route as many times as I've been in there.

I'm actually waiting for a good week..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    That's pretty odd I would say. I've been driving for Prime 3.5 years and I've only had one load double pro'd. I have had I believe three loads cancelled, but I'm not sure any of those were Primes fault. I always got paid tonu for them, and I'm company.

4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

It doesn't seem very odd to me because its ####ing happened again.. After burning out my 14hr clock waiting on the ok to leave with my current load I got the ok to go... gee just hold me till the last possible moment to make the appointment, then say its ok to leave after my clock is burnt out and its now rush hour in Chicago... thanks!

I bust ### to get here and show up to a dick head reciever with an authority complex saying I have no appointment and the only way I will get unloaded is if something cancels..

Ive reached my limit with not being pissed off, Im now very pissed off. I understand why this industry has such a high turn over.. Here I thought it was due to being on the road all the time...

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Chicago... Ive had more problems there than anywhere I've been combined. Not just run of the mill issues but absurd attitude problems and too much run around.

Good luck. :D

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Wow dude that does sound really unprofessional of your dispatchers if a load is still available when they get it and organize it that should go to you, it could be an issue with the broker by the looks of it something needs to be resolved very quickly that would be extremely frustrating just hope your getting paid for all the time you've spent running around there empty.

7. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Ok, so the current situation is Im still at my 90. The shipoer refused to unload me yesterday because they said Prime didnt set an appointment. I waited all day to hear something back from sales/dispatch and all got was a BS copy and paste of an email sent by the receiver who was making BS excuses as to why I couldn't get unloaded.

Since sales cant seem to do their job, today I took a diffrent approach. I handled things myself.

I informed the receiver that Im a independent contractor not a company driver. I signed in a 2nd day in row and informed him that I will wait 6hrs and If Im not unloaded, I'll stamp bol's as "reciever refused load" for 2 days and the product will be taken to a drop yard 150 miles away. The product would then have a hold placed on it and a storage fee of $50/day per pallet ($500/day) plus transportation costs, all required to be paid before the product is released.

Its amazing how they can suddenly fit you in the schedule once the shoe is on the other foot.

Yesterday, this guy was claiming maybe we will get you fit into tomorrow (now today) suddenly I will be fit in by 11..

Next, I will be informing Prime that sales better pull some ####ing rainbows out of their ### with my next several loads, Prime's incompetence put me $1,2k in the hole last week not including my time spent.

I will not put up with this ####, I will not go in the hole because Prime cant get their #### together..

Edit,..

simply amazing, 45 minutes after telling the receiver I WILL take this load to a drop yard, Im suddenly in a door about to get unloaded.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  8. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I ended up getting out of there around 8am.. Completely amazed.. Ran almost to Delaware way down in there but still in Maryland to some tiny meat place and now on the way to Kentucky. Hopefully, I left all this bad luck in the north east..

9. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Reading your last post I don't think it's "bad luck." I look forward to reading a post from you after you try threatening a customer like say Tyson or Wal-Mart. Your problems with operations will solve themselves...

NavigatorWife and spyder7723 Thank this.
  10. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Was no threat, that's what was gonna happen. My disbatcher already told me if they didn't unload me the 2nd day they'd have me take the product and trailer to Pittston as a load refusal. Then the shipper and reciever could fight over who pays for that.

Prime is a big company, you don't think they cover themselves in their contracts for recievers who refuse loads...

I just sped the process up by letting them know that's what would happen ahead of time. Walmart wouldn't sit you for 2 days, they'd get you unloaded. They are a big company and understand liability and contracts..

Try not to project so much.. Sometimes you have to get #### done when other people drop the ball. When other people are dropping the ball and it cost me money, you can #### sure bet I will get #### done..

Perhaps you'd be happy to sit around 2 or 3 days going in the hole.. I won't do that, I will do what needs to be done to be profitable. You can go broke if you like being taken advantage of, I won't..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  11. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    He did the right thing. Two days? I would have already been hitting the dock at the shipper I picked the load up at. LOL!

NavigatorWife and crocky Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.