Wytheville Walmart

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by MysticHZ, Oct 8, 2015.

1. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    Someone here called it the "mallwart stupid center"

still funny to me, thought id share

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Pepico and Gatorade run enough product to fill all the truck stops not to mention the other freight up that way. On late runs I always get a spot reserved at the TA. Doesn't surprise me. I think that it is the Coors/Miller in Trenton, OH and the all the parking lots are posted and enforced. If you are up that way Coors lets me sleep behind their shop down the road.

4. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Thry posted those same signs in Corbin Ky but gave up because drivers still parked there lol. 9 times out of 10 if you call a walmart and ask to stay there they let you even if there are signs. As far as Wytheville that whole area is a haven for state police praying on trucks

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Was there a few days ago - I park in back - talking with the clerk, it's Lowes that is pushing to keep trucks out of that empty lot. But she said Walmart is fine with truck in the Walmart section proper, as long as they are not blocking anyone.

6. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I don't know about the flying J but I can tell you the T/A is a nightmare and not a bad idea to avoid.

7. jldilley

jldilley Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, In
    Same. Whenever I go to Walmart to do a bit of shopping, I'll usually just find an out-of-the-way spot behind the store. I've never once been approached about it.

8. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Only thing I remember about Wytheville was the ridiculous sales tax. Ate at the TA once and when I got my bill, I thought there was a discrepancy. Sales tax was like 13-14%, never stopped in that town again...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.