XPO? Central states? Dallas intermodal scene

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Rkillah1123, Feb 17, 2016.

1. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    For the sake of the workers, I hope they keep Conway open. I have a current coworker who desperately thinks he is going to get a job there. I would not mind getting rid of that particular lunch counter super trucker.
    But who knows how it will all shake out in the end.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anthony Ruther

Anthony Ruther Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2015
    I work in Joliet for Central States, asked the recruiter she said they've got around 25 trucks in Dallas, and they started from scratch last July. I forget what she said the terminal managers name was, but it was a lady. She spoke highly of her.

4. 05VNLDC

05VNLDC Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    Houston, Tx
    Old thread but Ive been with Xpo Logistics since it was Bridge Terminal Transport. Im out of Houston, Tx, so if you still have ??s maybe i can help

5. SeanLyman

SeanLyman Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Do they pay mileage or percentage on intermodal work? They are all over SoCal. I know they bought out Pacer. I am wondering if you can make a buck pulling their cans.

6. 05VNLDC

05VNLDC Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    Houston, Tx
    For otr they pay by the mileage and for local work by percentage.. and yes they bought pacer and conway..

7. Anthony Ruther

Anthony Ruther Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2015

Met an XPO driver here in Chicago just last week - said they've dwindled from 225 trucks in 2009 to 60 trucks today. The only reason he's still on he said is because hes been there so long and is on a pretty good dedicated run.

They use to be the best around, now drivers avoid like the plague - in Chicago atleasrt.

8. Quincyfielding

Quincyfielding Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Any updates on XPO or central states?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.