Yard Dogs: What is the metal thing that hangs in the front?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by allisonisatranny, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Smart Aleck!

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    May be a intelligent donkey?

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    WHO, ME? Now lookie here, Bucko, ain't nobody ever accused me of being.................................intelligent..................:biggrin_2552:

:biggrin_2559:

5. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    No not you Don , sorry . Still picking at BHW .

Big Don and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  6. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    IF you can get away with it, SOMEBODY probably needs to pick at BHW.

Doubt I could get away with it...

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    If that magnet were any stronger it'd loosen the nut behind the steerin' wheel.
    Oh! And mess with pacemakers.

By golly, Big D, --- check it out --- ol' p47 is a real quick learner.
    Ya reckon.

Unless, .................. some nimrod thinks it'd be a hoot:laughing6::smt077:laughing6:
    to switch the small stick-on from several trailers with the small stick-on from
    several other trailers, --- in the general area,
    :-x ..... or not. angry9:
    All depends, .............................. :smt017:dontknow::confused5:
    AKA: Hide'em -'N'- Seek'em, -- Pick-A-Guess what's it.:banghead:

Say WhaT? :smt103
    Good Golly-Gee , Gig!
    :smt107
    Would you trust what a vehicle salesperson tells you, .... over the phone? :smt104
    Lemmie 'splain, ............................

That thar bar in question is one of many functions, ... all dependin' on a variety of available options included to suit various applications.
    'Frinstance, --- here in the Land-0-Fruits-'N'-Nutz, the popular option is the Electronic Earthquake Emergency Early Major Motion (Under)Ground Fault Fluctuation & Excessive Flatulence Level Density Detector --- Deluxe model (chrome plated).
    Chain not included.
    Also often ordered, and a favorite of the yard-goat jockeys, is an Add-A-TudeSensor which accurately identifies various attitudes and displays the information in-cab, on dash, by way of (analog or digital read-out) on a ButtheadOrNot0momator, (BONO). Additionally, just below the main 0momator, an LED screened, digital, 1080-Pee, High-Deaf Mass-Densitometer displays MatterTwixt&TweenEar Density Mass and accurately predicted potential for informational absorption, comprehension and retention. An invaluable, must have tool for the goat jocks who prefer to be a step ahead of those a step behind, or, worse yet, --- one step over the line.

Now, other states, ..... oh, say, Oklahomie, --- might go with a Hurocanado & Tornacane -- Cold -'N'- Hot Twistin' Air Locator B-4-U-C-1-2.
    This'll save y'all's buttox if the Big wind begins to howl with a bad moon risin'. Enough warnin' to get'cher pants on prior to the panic attack that fades to sheer terror. Select a warning buzzer, bell, horn or audio vocal -- high decibel scream, "QUICKLY RUN AWAY, DON'T ASK QUESTIONS, DO IT!! Please. (In a reasonably fair Austrian accent) Male or female voice, selectable.

For the seriously jocular goat jocks, there's an option strictly for amusement, 'specially 'round Jersey,The Big Apple, Shekogoh and Lincoln, Nebraska, the inclusion of an authentic AlabammerWhammerRamboJammerUpYers-II *** Super Deluxe, --- guaranteed to stomp on Big radios up to 2,500 watts, --- complete with the antenna lightnin' bolt captive arrestor.
    An absolute domination device that puts the possessor of this option in control of the C.B. airwaves for a 50 mile radius.
    You be da man, -- da Big Kahoona!
    Dae be beggin' you fer moicy, mon.

Imagine keyin' up an' announcin'----
    "Break one-nine fer sum local info, -- 10-4?"
    And receive the info requested with out some Big Bubba Radio Rambo walkin' all over yer transmission signal.
    Ahhhh, .... Revenge.
    Sweet, Sweet revenge!
    :twisted:

But, ....................... I digress,

A lot.
    My bad.:redface:

To make a short story long(er) .........
    :read2:
    There are as many answers to the question asked as the imagination can do what it does.
    Imagine that.
    :smt108

Mind boglin'.:violent2:
    That's whut it is.

*~*~ Reality Check SideBar, *~*~ ----
    when the magnetic strength of the suspended bar in question is strong enough, it'll attract and retain
    iron objects that would be in the path of the steer tires, even though the magnetized bar isn't wide
    enough to be directly in front of the front tires.
    Fun part is scrapin' all that junk off the strong magnetized portion of the suspended bar.

Now Giggles (TO), ..... (if) you've read what I've said, .............. tell me you can't/don't believe
    It's twue!
    It's twue!:tweety::mrgreen::smt112

Big Don, p47 and Giggles the Original Thank this.
  8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I dun node dat a'reddy. . .:yes2557:

I was just defending my idol on the forum here!:biggrin_25525:

9. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

all i have to say is, Aftershock, i want whatever you are having....:yes2557:

10. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    It is a magnet, even a truck driver can tell all those screws and nails aren't held on there with an adhesive. And really, does anyone actually believe you need a depth guage in a yard you drive on every day, all day? I don't think so. Maybe they're having donkey races!

11. BKELLZ

BKELLZ Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Well from my experience the bar across the bottom of the spotter is actually a secret compartment key that opens up a secret compartment on a secret place on the truck. The Compartment acts like a warmer that keeps your Taco Lunch warm and keeps the refriend beans and cheese nice and gooey!
    It also doubles as an empty coke can crusher and a straight line ruler for your logbooks....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.