Yellow ABS light of trailer stays on

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by defencerulez, Jan 7, 2013.

1. brandon72

brandon72 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2019

2. brandon72

brandon72 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2019
    Thats exactly right.....Go back under the trailer, there are wires going into all 4 inside wheels back there, this is the ABS..Before the wire goes into the wheel there is a plug on that wire, it may have a wire cover over it, you just have to feel around for it, its easy to unplug..Once unpluged shoot a little starting fluid into the plug and onto the little pins if you have some to clean it up..If not thats ok, then take a wire brush or sandpaper and clean the little pins up, add a dab of grease to each one and plug them back in..After you clean them all go fire up the truck, this should have the ABS light off now..It' is usually dirt and corrosion in those little connections that causes that issue...

3. Shadow dog

Shadow dog Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Gouverneur NY
    I'm not a licensed, certified or trained mechanic so if I notice something that may not be right I put it on my pti. I can't fix it or I risk the chance of running over someone and getting sued for making a repair on something that I'm not trained or certified to work on. Thats what the mechanics are for

4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    You don’t have the tools to measure brake travel? A maker and a tape measure? Release the brakes, mark the pushrod where it enters the chamber, pull the hand valve, and measure how far the rod moved.

mitmaks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.