Yellow Freight closure thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ColoradoLinehaul, Jun 26, 2023.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

Well, your generation DID come up with a great thing with McDonald's. I think every person in America around my age can remember the fun of the play place and Happy Meals with really cool toys.

But then once the kids were grown you decided every McDonald's doesn't fit your needs anymore, so now they look like a doctor's office. And inside you have enough electric outlets to charge your Jitterbug phones with the ear piercing ring tones turned up way too loud, CNN blaring away on the TV, and stale coffee.

See? I could go on.. but I'm leaving for work in ten minutes. Gotta pay those taxes y'all enacted:D.

Have a good night everyone!

dwells40 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    We baby boomers appreciate you for going to work. We really appreciate your contribution to Social Security from every paycheck. The funding is always kinda shaky but for right now we're doing just fine thanks to all you hard working tax payers. ;)

kemosabi49, dwells40, Opus and 5 others Thank this.
  4. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater by any means. But when you see things from our perspective, I think it's fair to say we just might be getting a raw deal on some things. @rollin coal mentioned Gen X, and he's probably correct in stating they don't really give a flip. They'll still be ok. But us millennials are gonna have some tough decisions to make in a few years unless something drastic changes

5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Yes, I'm sure Viet Nam and Korea would have totally taken over America if it weren't for y'all. :rolleyes:

6. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Why do people feel the need to give their resume as if I care, while talking down to anyone younger? So you have 45 years of driving? Yeah I got 22 and you know what? We still do the same thing. It ain't rocket surgery

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    It has nothing to do with a resume.... just makin the point that most of us are sick to death of younger generations blamin every #### thing on those of us who came first
    When the truth is none of us have done anything but work hard and do the best we could for our families
    Add to that the last couple generations typical refusal to take ANY responsibility for their actions
    So the amount of time I’ve been doin this is Only relevant to set up the point I was making

Opus Thanks this.
  8. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I take your point, and I agree the vast majority of your generation had the same idea. But there's a few that seem to have done everything to benefit them and their families, at a huge cost to others.

As a millennial, we haven't really had a lot of time to screw things up yet. Hell the first millennial is just now running for president. But yet we are hearing about the national debt and Social Security, big problems we had nothing to do with, and now we have to figure out how to pay for it all. And the real kick in the nuts for us is these career politicians that just won't get out of the way. None of the Presidential candidates have a plan for dealing with any of the big issues. But I guess I'm getting political and that's not allowed here

dwells40, gentleroger and Oxbow Thank this.
  9. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    The reason people argue about your statement is it does not cover each and every person accurately.
    There is truth both directions but there are variables that enter in depending on too many factors for a blanket statement to apply.
    I have heard the argument more times than I can remember and being the one that used to help others in the family do thier taxes I have personally proved them wrong many times and showed others how they were wasting thier time with minimal OT.
    The other thing to consider is when changes to the tax code and or tax table occurs some will get caught in the traps and others may be freed from it.
    Overall two things usually prove true if you have a good accountant and follow thier advice. The more you make the more you pay but you also get to keep some of that extra as well. Which means you still earn more than you pay out!

Siinman and Oxbow Thank this.
  10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    The national debt and the viability of Social Security have been hot button issues, primarily only during elections, since before Boomers were old enough to vote. Your concern that nothing gets done is valid, but it is certainly not unique to millennials. If memory serves, the U.S. has only balanced the annual budget four or five times since the 60s, under Nixon, Clinton, and Bush as I recall. I am not arguing with your viewpoint, just stating that it is nothing new.

11. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Short sided View!
    You need to look at the year end totals and figure exact filling. Many like me have made out over the years by letting that money ride and getting a bigger refund to those that only look at a single paycheck or two.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.